Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The ODDBALL thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Abbott.jpg
Abbott_b.jpg

Putnam.jpg
Putnam_b.jpg

Because it was 1989 and everybody got a card!

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Happy to add this Leiter oddball to my Yankees collection. I had to pick up a whole lot to get this one but it did have a Mattingly variation I didn't have.
image-132.jpg

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Abbott.jpg
Abbott_b.jpg

Putnam.jpg
Putnam_b.jpg

Because it was 1989 and everybody got a card!

Tom-Gorman-Ethan-Blackaby-Tommy-Gonzales-Harry-Jordan.jpg

Years ago, I had a very strange card from the 1989 Procards set that I can't find anything about now. Guy's name was Joe Eick, he was a radio/TV guy, something like that, and a team gave him a chance to play in a game and ProCards made a card for him.

I ended up with a trainer's card from some indy league team set, and it borders on gay ****. The card shows a player, on his back, leg up in the air, and the trainer bent right over that leg, giving his groin a nice big stretch.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Those Phoenix Giants sets were great. Ethan Blackaby was rockin' the 70's hard on his cards every year. He's like the minor league Oscar Gamble.

mXtwDbVEAjwZFEuCTaxVSyw.jpg

Last edited:

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
That's awesome! I think I'm gonna have to pick up some of those Blackaby's just for novelty sake. What a ladies man!

Many of those great 70's minor league cards of him go out of their way to point out that he played with Hank Aaron. Blackaby played a few games in the early 60's with the Braves, so it's true, but it comes off like a guy writing his own card backs to show how great he was. "Hey, look at me! I played with Hank Aaron, there I too am a superstar!"

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Hey now, "Hammering" Hank and "Easy Out" Ethan combined for 3,774 Career Hits and 755 HR. And Ethan played for my alma mater!

Many of those great 70's minor league cards of him go out of their way to point out that he played with Hank Aaron. Blackaby played a few games in the early 60's with the Braves, so it's true, but it comes off like a guy writing his own card backs to show how great he was. "Hey, look at me! I played with Hank Aaron, there I too am a superstar!"

Members online