Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Official 2018 Atlanta Braves Season discussion thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
"took a big salary dump in May sending 2 of their best players away"

This was only the start of course, sending their great catcher away a few months later.

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
I worry we are about to watch a repeat of the 2011 Braves, completely collapsing at the end of the season..

Possibly. They didn’t put a lot into building up this team like other contenders did at the deadline. Feel like they’re content with whatever happens because the plan is to contend next year.

Also going to a 6-man rotation so hopefully that works out and also gives some additional rest.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Possibly. They didn’t put a lot into building up this team like other contenders did at the deadline. Feel like they’re content with whatever happens because the plan is to contend next year.

Also going to a 6-man rotation so hopefully that works out and also gives some additional rest.

I wasn't aware that we were planning on doing that (had to take a quick glance at mlb.com to read about it) but I'm glad they plan to use Touki as their sixth starter down the stretch.

I feel like Acuna has flown out to the warning track so many times! Just imagine when he gets a little stronger those will all be HRs.

Kid is gonna be a beast in a couple years from now...easy 40 HR+ potential.

Just more consistency is what we need.

Lack of consistency has always been the biggest issue with this years team. We are capable of shutting out the opponents offense & putting up double digit runs in a game but it has always come in streaks.

Unfortunately, as of right now there appears to be no rally left in this team.

Members online