Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Passing of a Member...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Hi there folks - this is Rachel, James' (rebelpawn's) wife. I surely never thought I'd be creating an account and posting on this message board! I was missing him today, and just wanted to poke my head in here for a few minutes, because this was truly his happy place. It seemed he spent most of his free time here or on Ebay :) I was so moved to find this thread, and all of your kind comments -- thank you all very much for the thoughts and condolences. James was definitely one of the greats.

Someone mentioned linking to his obituary -- it's available here, along with a photo album: http://csnh.tributes.com/obituary/read/James-Volner-108491429.

Again, thank you all!
Rachel, we are truly sorry for your loss. We got to know James through these boards, and he was a real part of our weird, virtual, baseball-obsessed family. We miss him here but know that our loss is nothing compared to yours. I hope you and your family find solace in the happy memories. He was a good man, gone way, way too soon.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Wow, thanks so much for checking in here Rachel. I certainly didn't know James well, but we exchanged a few messages here and there, and from all his posts here I never thought he was anything other than a good guy. Also - I donated blood last week for the first time in a long while, so after reading his obituary, I'm properly motivated to do it more often :) All the best to you and your family.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
James was 40 years old, married with a son. James was fighting Lymphoma, and had beat it. However it came back, and treatment did not work this time around.

Cancer sucks! Stinks to hear this. Looking back, he was a very active member here and I'm saddened I didnt get to know him better.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
Hi there folks - this is Rachel, James' (rebelpawn's) wife. I surely never thought I'd be creating an account and posting on this message board! I was missing him today, and just wanted to poke my head in here for a few minutes, because this was truly his happy place. It seemed he spent most of his free time here or on Ebay :) I was so moved to find this thread, and all of your kind comments -- thank you all very much for the thoughts and condolences. James was definitely one of the greats.

Someone mentioned linking to his obituary -- it's available here, along with a photo album: http://csnh.tributes.com/obituary/read/James-Volner-108491429.

Again, thank you all!

So sorry for your loss Rachel. I didnt know him much, but looking back through his posts, he seemed like a great person.

Members online