Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The reverse negative card blog

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Do you like errors?
Do you like variations?
Do you like seeing backwards logos?
Do you like seeing your favorite players batting on the "wrong" side?

http://revneg.blogspot.com/?m=1

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
2002%20UD%20Authentics%20Reverse%20Negative%20Jerseys%20RJB%20White.jpg

thia is the only one I am aware of for Bagwell. Granted,its like this for all the variations of the card (reg, gold, numbered, etc)

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I don't see the 2002 UD Authentics set in the site.

That ENTIRE base set is paralleled by each card as a reverse negative.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Has always been my favorite vintage card for sure. I remember trading a Fleer Mattingly RC and a Topps Puckett RC + $15 for my very first copy at a card show when I was 12. That was more beat up than my current one but to a 12yo it might as well have been 1,000 years old lol
I've always wanted a PSA DNA signed copy myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I wonder if he knows about the 2002 Topps #322 Eric Glaser (I don't know why he would). Strange case where a temp employee scanned the slide incorrectly, and after noticing the reversed "Red Sox" logos on the jersey and hat in the scanned image on his computer, proceeded to photoshop the correct logos instead of simply flipping the slide over and rescanning! I think you'll agree that he did a fine job, too. This was only discovered after release, when Glaser's agent called Topps and asked why his client was pictured pitching lefty. I had to sleuth and kind of 'reverse engineer' the process to figure out what happened, and the temp was long gone.

galser.jpg

We also got a call from the Topps rep who was sitting with Mike Schmidt when he was signing those 2002 Finest Moments cards. One of the a-holes in charge of contracts made me sweat it for a few minutes, saying Schmidt was pissed off and wouldn't sign the cards because of the reverse, which would have fallen in my shoulders as the Editor. But then he said he was kidding and that Schmidt actually liked it because it made the card unique.

Schmidt1.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts