Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Strasburg Superfractor Saga Takes a Razor Twist!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
RiceLynnEvans75 said:
I've got to say, I do like the little plug (or not) pretty much stating that ebay has a bunch of bidders that don't pay. I'm assuming then that this transaction here was not a finalized thing through ebay? I hope not and hope that it gives ebay a swift kick in the nads that they should do something about the bad bidders on their site. They didn't lose much in the grand scheme of their business but it still looks bad to some extent.

Brian did say it was an off-ebay transaction at the beginning.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
DWright5 said:
RiceLynnEvans75 said:
I've got to say, I do like the little plug (or not) pretty much stating that ebay has a bunch of bidders that don't pay. I'm assuming then that this transaction here was not a finalized thing through ebay? I hope not and hope that it gives ebay a swift kick in the nads that they should do something about the bad bidders on their site. They didn't lose much in the grand scheme of their business but it still looks bad to some extent.

Brian did say it was an off-ebay transaction at the beginning.

That's what I thought he said but my memory isn't the greatest at times. Thanks!

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
I'm a huge Razor critic, and I hate the idea of just passing another company's cards along and calling it your own product, but we're talking about the biggest card in a long, long time here. Not only will the search for this card significantly drive pack sales, but it's built-in marketing. Doesn't everyone recognize the value of this story hitting the blogs and major websites over the next few days? "Brian Gray, owner of Razor Collectibles, purchases the Stephen Strasburg card for $21,403. Gray said he plans to put the card in an upcoming product from Razor, set to release in August or September."
He should really get the details in order while it's still hot, so he can get it into those wire stories that are going to hit every major website within a week.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I didn't follow this second auction, but how much would the card have gone for without BG's bid? Or was it sold offline?

IMO Razor isn't doing anything different than anyone here does when selling cards - he's just not doing it through eBay...although in all likelihood its going to back there yet again after its pulled - once more.

KandKCards said:
I'm a huge Razor critic, and I hate the idea of just passing another company's cards along and calling it your own product, but we're talking about the biggest card in a long, long time here. Not only will the search for this card significantly drive pack sales, but it's built-in marketing. Doesn't everyone recognize the value of this story hitting the blogs and major websites over the next few days? "Brian Gray, owner of Razor Collectibles, purchases the Stephen Strasburg card for $21,403. Gray said he plans to put the card in an upcoming product from Razor, set to release in August or September."
He should really get the details in order while it's still hot, so he can get it into those wire stories that are going to hit every major website within a week.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
miguelcabrera said:
any chance he backends the stras super/heyward super/wieters black into boxes later on because once those are pulled the product will go down in price significantly?

wow, i agree with mig on this, was thinking similar that there just isnt going to be any way a 20,000.00 card is going to just randomly be pulled. shenanigans and tom foolery will most likely apply.

JustinG08

Aug 9, 2008
Clearwater, FL
All In Cards said:
6 box case, hoping to get a few of them. My guess is $250 or more a pack

At that price most people busting this are going to be hosed bad, but i'm sure there will be plenty of people eager to rip regardless how much the price gets jacked up.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
boomo said:
miguelcabrera said:
any chance he backends the stras super/heyward super/wieters black into boxes later on because once those are pulled the product will go down in price significantly?

wow, i agree with mig on this, was thinking similar that there just isnt going to be any way a 20,000.00 card is going to just randomly be pulled. shenanigans and tom foolery will most likely apply.

won't happen. I am guessing 299 cases at the most. They will sell out the 1st day they offer cases for sale.

With only 299 cases everything will be shipped at the same time.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
If I pull the Strasburg, the first thing I will do is send it back to BGS and have them put it in a 9.0 slab. I kid you not. I would bet 99% of the negative feedback that guy was talking about had to do with the insane grade and accusations of being in bed with the graders. Not literally..... well maybe literally. People are pretty nuts.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Vagrant said:
If I pull the Strasburg, the first thing I will do is send it back to BGS and have them put it in a 9.0 slab. I kid you not. I would bet 99% of the negative feedback that guy was talking about had to do with the insane grade and accusations of being in bed with the graders. Not literally..... well maybe literally. People are pretty nuts.

How about simply slabbing it "Authentic"? No controversy about its' condition that way.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
Jaypers said:
Vagrant said:

How about simply slabbing it "Authentic"? No controversy about its' condition that way.

Better idea actually. That is exactly what needs to be done.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
This

vetsgt02 said:
boomo said:
so the 25,000 bid was a fake?
can anyone sum it up?
i hate videos

Basically Razor bought it for 21K and they are going to lump it in a product full of garbage and give some poor bastards false hope. Then when that is done they will be like oh damn we just found this in a old safe we forgot to add it.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
Think about the sheer numbers in order to make this product work and actually make money. I am not totally sure of the details, but will the "average pack", contain just Razor cards or other aftermarket additions?

It's quite possible that the cost to build the checklist alone for Razor could approach $50,000.

If they made 299 cases with 6 boxes per case that would be 1794 packs. 3 product hits in 1794 packs. SRP would have to be $500 to achieve nearly 90k in gross revenue, discounting the cost of actual creation and assembly of the product.

How many shots at $500 each are you guys willing to take at a 1:1794 chance at this card?

Granted, we don't have the product details but it seems like that logic to me. I am just curious what $500, or there about, gets you when you miss on the Supers.

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
Vagrant said:
Think about the sheer numbers in order to make this product work and actually make money. I am not totally sure of the details, but will the "average pack", contain just Razor cards or other aftermarket additions?

It's quite possible that the cost to build the checklist alone for Razor could approach $50,000.

If they made 299 cases with 6 boxes per case that would be 1794 packs. 3 product hits in 1794 packs. SRP would have to be $500 to achieve nearly 90k in gross revenue, discounting the cost of actual creation and assembly of the product.

How many shots at $500 each are you guys willing to take at a 1:1794 chance at this card?

Granted, we don't have the product details but it seems like that logic to me. I am just curious what $500, or there about, gets you when you miss on the Supers.

good point! could end up being a bad investment for Razor but people are so dumb that theyd probably pay 500 a pop for this

Members online

Latest posts