Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Titans are horrible

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
The 2010 Tennessee Titans are abysmal.

We have good players. We have good coaches. Why are we so bad?

The defense is inconsistent; today they gave up nearly 100 total yards to a 3rd string running back. They also can't play without making dumb penalties - key point being one defensive linemen ripping the helmet off of an offensive linemen.

Vince Young, despite playing a solid game, gets hurt. In comes the rookie Rusty Smith. He throws one nice 52 yard pass, but otherwise can't even come close to receivers and throws a pick. Chris Johnson runs for over 130 - but what do we do late in the 4th quarter on 2nd and 3rd downs? Pass with Rusty Smith. Vince Young with an injured thumb would have been a better option.

I'm at loss for (any more) words.

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
I agree, I was rooting for Ten. for investment purposes and in comes Rusty Smith? Who the hell is he?

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
coltsnsox07 said:
Rusty Smith? Who the hell is he?

The answer to the trivia question "If Alfred E. Newman and Zachery Ty Bryan ever procreated, what would the child look like?

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
Remember Fisher is 2 years (and a crazy win streak that saved his job) removed from almost being fired.

wlalocal71

Aug 7, 2008
SoCal
After the game, Fisher announced that Young will be benched (again), regardless of how his thumb feels moving forward.
On a side note, I wonder if Moss ends up on a 4th team this year...

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Apparently VY lost his cool and threw his pads and jersey in the stands. Of course I was not there.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Other than Seattle, is Jacksonville the worst 1st Place team?

Pretty sure the Colts still take it and there will be no WC from the South. Especially when they beat Indy to start the season, I really thought Houston had put it together this season. But close losses still are losses...

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
gt2590 said:
Other than Seattle, is Jacksonville the worst 1st Place team?

Pretty sure the Colts still take it and there will be no WC from the South. Especially when they beat Indy to start the season, I really thought Houston had put it together this season. But close losses still are losses...

Jacksonville has been doing alot better in recent weeks. Coming back from 6 turn overs this week is very impressive.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
RITM said:
Apparently VY lost his cool and threw his pads and jersey in the stands. Of course I was not there.

It is also being reported he walked out of the locker room right after Fisher told him not to and directly spoke to Fisher about it as well.

It's pretty amazing to think that VY and Leinart are making Cutler look like the most mature QB in that draft. :lol:

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Vince Young may get cut. Him and Childress can have fun in the CFL, UFL or Arena2 league.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
According to sources, Young was talking under his breath, uttering expletives, as Fisher prepared to address the team. When Fisher told him to keep quiet, Young finished dressing and started to leave. Fisher told Young to stop, saying not to “run out on your teammates.”

Young then told Fisher “I’m not running out on my teammates, I’m running out on you,’’ sources said. More words were exchanged and Young left.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20101 ... /101121013

:benson:

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Maybe Vince wouldn't act "immature" if he had the support of his coach.

Fisher has NEVER supported Vince, especially not over the last couple seasons. I guess Fisher thinks the Titans have a better chance of winning with ol' Kerry Collins or the truly rusty Rusty Smith.

I am about to give up on Fisher. Vince isn't the greatest QB, no. But over the past two years he has improved, both in reducing his picks and in making better throws. If I was Vince Young, I would be quite frustrated with Fisher as well.

If Rusty/Collins do start the rest of the season, I hope the Titans lose every single game and Randy Moss leaves the team.

I may be in the minority here (I AM in the minority, I'm sure) but I will support Vince Youngg.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Fisher > Young

It's pretty obvious that as long as Manning is playing in Indy I cheer against the Titans. However, even as an outsider I give Jeff Fisher all of the credit in the world. He's professional, gets a lot out of the players and does a lot for the community.

I am not sure what is going on in the head of VY. He went on suicide watch when he was booed last year and now this. You know it's saying something when the Nashville media has nothing but praise for Randy Moss and nothing but criticism for VY.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
I also think the thing that a lot of fans get confused about is the "Titans win with VY" argument and point out the W/L record of the Titans in games that Vince starts. For his 54 game career:

1-1 TD-Int ratio (42-42)
38 fumbles (12 lost)

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
If you Titans fans don't want Jeff Fisher, my Chargers will be MORE than glad to take him off your hands for you :p

Vince Young = a better, but not by much, Tommie Frazier.

Members online