Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

There are some brave people making and selling fake cards!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
Here's a fake card that was created by someone other than the card manufacturer and is being sold on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/JOEY-LOGANO-2009-SP ... _500wt_947

The entire card is fake. The memorabilia is probably fake. The guy has never even been on any checklist of this company.

How much trouble could someone get into for trying to pull something like this? It would be much easier to prove this card is fake as apposed to a piece of fake memorabilia that was inserted into a real card. This card isn't even real. LOL

Here's a picture of the fake Logano card and also a "real" Nigel Mansell card:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Shoot that auction to Brian Price at ITG/Sportkings. He'll be very interested.

He knows about it as of this morning.

You know what's amazing is that people aren't only copying cards that are actually in checklists, they are now fraudulently adding entirely new people to products. If stuff like this continues, I'm afraid our hobby is in even more trouble. :(

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I have a hard time believing someone would fake an ENTIRE card and make it of a JOEY LOGANO of all people. What, did the "faker" just have a piece of sheet metal laying around his garage and say to himself, "Hmmm, I should make a counterfiet Joey Logano card!!!"

Doubtful.

I have an easier time believing that it was either missed on the checklist (wouldn't be the first time it happened) or it is a promo card.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
mstng99tim said:
I have a hard time believing someone would fake an ENTIRE card and make it of a JOEY LOGANO of all people. What, did the "faker" just have a piece of sheet metal laying around his garage and say to himself, "Hmmm, I should make a counterfiet Joey Logano card!!!"

Doubtful.

I have an easier time believing that it was either missed on the checklist (wouldn't be the first time it happened) or it is a promo card.
"Sports Kings" doesn't have a copyright thing on the card in question.

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
mstng99tim said:

Doubtful.

I don't think Sportkings has ever missed someone on a checklist, but I could be wrong.

I can understand what you're saying here, but it's most definitely fake. Dr. Price has already confirmed it. Someone made a fake card of an entirely new person that's never been included in any checklist of Sportkings.

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
It kind of looks like the piece of metal is actually glued on top of the card instead of inserted into it. Either that, or the window is extremely miscut. Both are possible, I suppose.

WJCIII

Dec 30, 2008
mstng99tim said:

Doubtful.

I would normally agree with this but people will fake anything to make money. Even if it only sells for $20, why wouldn't they counterfeit it if it only costs $.50 to make. Everything about the card looks bad.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Jeff N. said:
I can't believe someone would fake a SportKings cards.

What's next, a fake Razor card?

maybe they would do it for fun idk.....but if for profit the cost of supplies etc to make one would be more than the cost of the shipping cost plus the two cents you would get on ebay for it and thats if people think its real

if its fake razor and people know it prolly would get more

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
Im guessing he made it as a custom and decided to sell it, I doubt he tried to fake Joey Logan card

Once I learn how to actually make cards I plan on making this card which is based on a SportsKings design(but I wont sell it)

PAPERCUTScopy.jpg

edit:Just read the description...either he bought it from someone or he made it himself with the intention to scam the buyer.

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
miguelcabrera said:
imo mind ur own business and dont buy it. if you know its fake and arnt going to buy it what harm is it to you

I collect Sportkings cards. I am minding my own business by spreading the word about fake cards in this hobby. It's all of our business in my opinion.

Thank you for your opinion, even though I completely disagree with it.

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
thenumberonemetfan said:
Im guessing he made it as a custom and decided to sell it, I doubt he tried to fake Joey Logan card

Once I learn how to actually make cards I plan on making this card which is based on a SportsKings design(but I wont sell it)

PAPERCUTScopy.jpg

edit:Just read the description...either he bought it from someone or he made it himself with the intention to scam the buyer.

I like the Vintage Papercut design as well.

Latest posts