Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
I posted an autographed book in the thread I have been using and it hasn't shown up yet. I went to see if I forgot to hit the reply button and my post is there, but it is marked with the above message.

I used my normal format. All I have is the name of the book and the author and a picture of the book cover and the signature.

The only thing I can figure is that the book is by Robin Roberts and the title of the book refers to the nickname of the 1950 Phillies team. Could that somehow be offensive?

My main point in sharing this is that we are a small enough community of active participants already and we seem to be pretty well behaved. Do we really need to be so restrictive and make it unnecessarily difficult for people to participate in the forums?

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
its all over on social media, got suspended from twitter responding to a post about my hockey team.
i tweeted "shoot the puck" tried to appeal didnt work. there banning books and songs, its crazy.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
It seems like a lot of people are getting it, and it’s turning a lot of people off…not sure we can afford to turn people off here, as low as membership is already…not sure what can be done about it…

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I posted an update in my Astros autograph thread that gave me the same message and it still hasn't been approved. I'm not sure what the point of updating it here would be if it will take days for it to activate.

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
It seems like a lot of people are getting it, and it’s turning a lot of people off…not sure we can afford to turn people off here, as low as membership is already…not sure what can be done about it…

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
I posted an update in my Astros autograph thread that gave me the same message and it still hasn't been approved. I'm not sure what the point of updating it here would be if it will take days for it to activate.
It's not some kind of conspiracy to monitor peoples speech, a mod is just fiddling with the board's settings behind the scenes and has it set janky.

I don't think it is a conspiracy theory at all and that certainly wasn't my intent, but MrMet and Therion are raising the same concerns that I have.

I don't think it's a good function if it is annoying people at a site where we need to be encouraging people to participate.

If for whatever reason, the software is necessary and we do need moderators to approve messages, then take whatever steps are necessary for moderators to actually approve the messages. It shouldn't take days.

@Shaggy @gt2590

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
This happened to me several weeks back, but it seemed to have stopped, at least for me. Sounds like its back again, but I have not been affected yet. I think I recall it had to do with images being loaded.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I don't think it is a conspiracy theory at all and that certainly wasn't my intent, but MrMet and Therion are raising the same concerns that I have.

I don't think it's a good function if it is annoying people at a site where we need to be encouraging people to participate.

If for whatever reason, the software is necessary and we do need moderators to approve messages, then take whatever steps are necessary for moderators to actually approve the messages. It shouldn't take days.

@Shaggy @gt2590

We are in total agreement, it does suck.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
If you guys all decide to jump ship to a board that doesn't feel the need to mess with things to the point that it irritates the members who were here LONG before the new ownership took over, could you please let me know where you're going so I can join? (y) :)

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
Just look at the sports card site trading card central. The owner hasn't posted or done anything with the site in about 10 years.

Last edited:

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
I mentioned I added a image scanner add on that would check for inappropriate pics like chicks in bikinis. It wasn't working the way I wanted it to as it would moderate normal images of cards. I tried tweaking it to see if it would start allowing card pics, but it never worked right. So 2 days ago(I think it was 2 days ago), I shut it off. So you shouldn't be getting anymore of those approval issues again.

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
I mentioned I added a image scanner add on that would check for inappropriate pics like chicks in bikinis. It wasn't working the way I wanted it to as it would moderate normal images of cards. I tried tweaking it to see if it would start allowing card pics, but it never worked right. So 2 days ago(I think it was 2 days ago), I shut it off. So you shouldn't be getting anymore of those approval issues again.

Thank you very much. I appreciate the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Members online