Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thoughts on 2020 Bowman Platinum

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
Saw 1- 2020 Bowman Platinum retail box for $49.99 left at Meijer today when I stopped there and decided to buy it because it says you get 1 autographed card per box but haven't opened it yet. To anyone who has opened it, what are your thoughts on the product and the price point?

I may eventually decide to return the box and get my money back because it doesn't look like there are too many good auto's other than Kyle Lewis after I looked at eBay prices but still debating.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
when I got to Walmart last week they had some. One guy was grabbing them all up and all the other cards but left one box. I grabbed it. When I went to pay I saw it was 49.99 and put it right back. I did some research and see 90% of the autos coming out of it are worth 1-4 bucks on e-bay...im glad I put it back

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
I agree with @bongo870. I saw 2 at a Walmart and bought them. Unfortunately I didn't look at the checklist first. I got the same terrible auto in both boxes. At least one of my Chartreuse parallels was a Royals player for my collection.

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
I'm strongly leaning toward returning it as well. Haven't touched it as the shrink wrap is still intact and I have the receipt. The big auto hit is Kyle Lewis and I saw one BP Lewis auto sell for over $200 recently but the others as you mentioned have been selling for $5 or less.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
I bought 4 of the Mega boxes as I intend to put together the set. Unfortunately, Topps collation strikes again. The 23 card Mega boxes have a single pack that is ordered 10 veterans, 2 chartreuse parallels, 1 auto, and 10 prospect cards. 2 of the 4 boxes had the identical 10 veterans and 10 prospects. Ugh.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
I have picked up 4 hanger boxes. Approximately the same amount of cards, just no guaranteed auto and less than half the price.. I did get an auto in 2 of the 4 boxes. One /50.

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
I ended up returning my box to Meijer and getting a refund. Sure, there could be a Jasson Dominguez auto in there worth hundreds and Bobby Witt is another decent one but the rest of the auto checklist isn't impressive at all and the odds of pulling a Dominguez or Witt auto are very steep.

Latest posts