Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thoughts on this Babe Ruth article

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
My son is amblyopic in his left eye (20/120 or so) and 20/15 in his right eye. I'll have to show him this article. I hadn't thought about it because he doesn't have any issues hitting, or doing anything sight related honestly, but that's still really neat.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Looking at the picture in the article, it's REALLY neat to see Ruth watching his hit with his right eye. I wonder how much Ruth valued sight outside of baseball. Seeing his right eye so focused on either the ball hit that is going out of the park (or a UFO, who really knows) raises just enough hairs to think about how that might feel to hit a home-run on a regular basis being nearly blind from medical point of view. Thanks for sharing Dano, that's a super neat article.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Neat read, made me think of this article of his supranormal hand eye coordination.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
My son is amblyopic in his left eye (20/120 or so) and 20/15 in his right eye. I'll have to show him this article. I hadn't thought about it because he doesn't have any issues hitting, or doing anything sight related honestly, but that's still really neat.
Hopefully that will help his confidence!

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
My niece was born with a amblyopic eye. I don't know how bad her eye sight was. Her eye seems better now. Ted Williams had 20/10 vision. He didn't find out about it until he became a fighter pilot in ww2. And he flew fighter jets with John Glenn in the Korean war.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Interesting, and it's kind of amazing he did so well for so long leaning on one eye. But I guess that's what they're made for and won't wear out. I heard Wade Boggs had 20/12 vision, which helps hitting .360.

Members online

Latest posts