Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thought's on Yankees prospect Aaron Judge?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
He's the only chrome auto from the BDP checklist that didn't play this year but based on how his Chrome auto's are selling you would think he performed like Kris Bryant. Does anyone have any thoughts/opinions on him as a prospect? I know he's a power-hitting beast at 6'7" but was wondering if anybody has seen him play in person or heard of him before the draft?
Thanks,
Dan

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Hopefully he will break the 20 plus year streak of failed or mediocre Yankee first rounders.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
He is overpriced right now. Jagielo is a much better prospect then Judge. Inflated or artificial market is to blame here

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
He is overpriced right now. Jagielo is a much better prospect then Judge. Inflated or artificial market is to blame here
I agree, I would expect maybe $8 for a base auto, but $15+? I have to admit though, when you see a 6'7" power hitter and he's a Yankee, I can understand why people are paying what they are paying for him.

seitas

Aug 7, 2008
I saw plenty of judge at Fresno state. He put himself on the map against Appel two years ago hitting two hrs in one game against him. His swing is long but he is patient at the plate and works the count well. He can run he has an arm and is a solid prospect. I don't think he is the next Giancarlo Stanton but he should be a solid corner OF. He may have the highest ceiling in the draft and if his power continues to develop he could become a beast.
I will say that he would disappear for games at time and could probably benefit from a more consistent approach to his game.
I think he makes it to the bigs within 3 years.

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
I saw plenty of judge at Fresno state. He put himself on the map against Appel two years ago hitting two hrs in one game against him. His swing is long but he is patient at the plate and works the count well. He can run he has an arm and is a solid prospect. I don't think he is the next Giancarlo Stanton but he should be a solid corner OF. He may have the highest ceiling in the draft and if his power continues to develop he could become a beast.
I will say that he would disappear for games at time and could probably benefit from a more consistent approach to his game.
I think he makes it to the bigs within 3 years.

Thank You for your insight. This is exactly what I was looking for, an in-person experience as to how Judge is during games.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
I agree, I would expect maybe $8 for a base auto, but $15+? I have to admit though, when you see a 6'7" power hitter and he's a Yankee, I can understand why people are paying what they are paying for him.

This is the reason for the price. The guy is huge, has huge raw power, and seems to have an idea of how to actually hit. Big power is money more than any other skill when it comes to collecting. Jagielo has the better chance right now based on skill set, but Judge is flashier.

Also, notice Jags is on the rise already. Sales of base autos were around $15-16 but recent sales are in the $20 range. Glad I stocked up early in the release.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
glad I listed a refractor auto monday! haha
as for Judge.. He is a big dude.. I worry that he only had 7 hrs his sophomore year and he is as big as he his. We get caught up in players size sometimes (see Michael Taylor, John Mayberry JR) and forget about mechanics too. Being 6'7 is great if your bat speed can catch up to the ball. Stanton was a beast and a freak of nature. I watched him play in Chattanooga and had the opportunity to meet him. I also saw Joe Borchard play as well. Another monster guy that could not "figure it out"...
I will hopefully get to see Judge play in Charleston this year. I am going to try to start doing reports on players I watch. Maybe throw in a few sleepers here and there.
I suppose I will be funneling my inner JP!
Here is a good synopsis of Judge on SB Nation http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/10/13/3451346/2013-draft-profile-aaron-judge-of-p-fresno-state

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
no problem. It was something I was thinking of doing last year when I saw so many prospects play. Between Rome Ga (Low A), Chattanooga (AA) and Gwinnett (AAA) and of course the Braves.. I see a lot of players. And then add in the AFL . I see a lot..

seitas

Aug 7, 2008
I think he makes it to the bigs within 3 years
Can I get a cookie for this scouting report?

seitas

Aug 7, 2008
So, did you invest in Judge back then? What were you able to get before the boom?
I bought a bunch of 1st chrome base autos and sold them off at the height of the 2017 boom. I kept a BGS 10 2017 mega box rookie of the year favorites auto that I pulled myself. I wish I would’ve bought color but base autos could be had for $10-$15 for a long time. I remember when he came up for a cup of coffee at the end 2016 and struck out in half of his at bats…his cards were ice cold. If you bought that off season you could’ve made a killing only a few months later.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts