Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*****THURSDAY MORNING THRAED*****12/23

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
i quit smoking June 10 ---7pm ----------------------------------------------------1970
Damn that's a good streak, and an even better memory! :)
I quit my last day of college, December 18th, 1985 at 22. When I was 29 I dated a girl that smoked. Out drinking one night I smoked one and bought a carton the next day. Then quit this time at 57. Not planning on starting again.
At least next time maybe you could switch to smoking some crack, for that "slimming" effect. . . ;)

9-5c99e0663c26d__700.jpg

Hardest thing I've ever had to quit was high amounts of morphine. . . not very fun.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I quit for a bet ----headed to Daytona Beach for a week ----just never wanted again ---something like 15 years on drinking ---miss beer but MEDS so NO

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I'm a rookie compared to you guys... I've only had 1 intestinal surgery, although I'm losing the ability to eat many foods. . . down to lentil, split pea, vegetables, olive oil etc. :cautious: If I ate normal people food I'd probably end up in the hospital bed next to yours. How annoyed would you be at that!? :love:

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I'm not bragging. I've had 5 surgeries for this. Plus 2 more for other not fun stuff. As long as they give mee pain meds.

I'm a rookie compared to you guys... I've only had 1 intestinal surgery, although I'm losing the ability to eat many foods. . . down to lentil, split pea, vegetables, olive oil etc. :cautious: If I ate normal people food I'd probably end up in the hospital bed next to yours. How annoyed would you be at that!? :love:
all mine have been in IMPORTANT area ------last time mesh removal --it was a MESS ---even had staples at collar bone --NO heavy lifting anymore . Joke was asking doctor -is this a pants on or off . Still in line for HEART operation .

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
If I had to eat that kind of crap. I'd go just on a beer diet. If you were in the same as me like that. They would have to sedate me all the time and be put in restraints. :LOL: They also put me on a soft foot diet for weeks after. Right now it's jello, pudding, yogurt and ice cream.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
They also put me on a soft foot diet for weeks after.
So you nibble on peoples toes for sustenance? 😂 This sounds plausible, I'm frantically taking notes!

What I ended up doing was buying a cheap Crockpot/slow cooker and just cooking down carrots/celery etc until its mush. ... very easy.

Members online

Latest posts