Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*****THURSDAY MORNING THREAD*****1/25

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Morning all! Haven't been on since my childhood, well, childhood to early adulthood, favorite player was elected into the HOF. Selfishly, I wanted to see Joe go in on the 2nd ballot so I could make the trip out to Cooperstown for the induction ceremony. Glad to say I now own a game used bat of a HOFer

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Was all amped to go see Disturbed tonight...

Postponed. Lead singer has Laryngitis.

Oh well. Guess I'll just work at the card shop tonight instead. :)

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
Afternoon all! Rain and around 40 here today.

Our local excitement for the day. I live about 6 miles south of the Missouri river. With the weather warming up the ice has started breaking up. With the ice chunks flowing at least two tug boats and two barges broke loose around KC and are floating downstream unmanned. Because of the huge ice chunks no one has been able to get to them.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Afternoon all! Rain and around 40 here today.

Our local excitement for the day. I live about 6 miles south of the Missouri river. With the weather warming up the ice has started breaking up. With the ice chunks flowing at least two tug boats and two barges broke loose around KC and are floating downstream unmanned. Because of the huge ice chunks no one has been able to get to them.
We never had that excitement for me growing up in Pierre, SD on the Missouri River. But we also didn't have barges there. We did have the Oahe Dam 6 miles north of town though. We had moved right before it flooded back in 2010 or 2011. Miss having the river right there on the edge of town

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Growing up in 1960's we would go swimming near boat landing . We all knew there was a car about 30 foot from bank -we would stand on it . About 1990's water low so they pulled it out = missing person from 1954 remains in car --- there was NO roads in that area .

Members online

Latest posts