Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*****THURSDAY MORNING THREAD*****9/21

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet2.0

Oct 28, 2021
Here
Morning, I’m gunna need some coffee even tho I don’t drink it, work 5-5, fall ball game after work which I help coach, then the giants game whenever I get home, even tho I think they are gunna get their butts kicked…

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Good morning. Sorting some cards and sending out a few TTM requests today, including a 1992 Classic Best Mike Mussina ($10 fee)

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
I'm up way to early again. :mad: When I was in the navy, I didn't drink coffee or tea. I never did before either. My shop supervisor ordered me to make a big pot of coffee. I went to get water and there were three faucets for hot water, cold water and sea water. (We were on the ship.) I'll give you one guess which one I used. He never ordered me to make it again. :ROFLMAO:

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
full day of to do things ----NOT getting done. coffee / meds on done list . Saturday water ski tournament - haven/t seen one in years / crash a HS reunion [free food] that evening . NEED to close pool . Then back to gym UGH --I hate the grunters , lady's talking no issue but those muscle head guys grunt from one machine to next and back . Still sorting cards = down to NBA and NFL to boxes . MLB used 20 boxes most packed . Unloaded van of set up boxes / tables / tent = no room in building LOL . Add I'm shuttle for two hours at least four days a week for G/kids .

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
Morning all! Some of you all are really busy! I need a nap just reading what Barry has to do. 🛌💤

Speaking of Barry @tramers the SAL Award Winners & All-Star team was announced and a couple from Hickory made the list.

South Atlantic League
Most Valuable Player: Abimelec Ortiz, Hickory (TEX)
Pitcher of the Year: Drew Thorpe, Hudson Valley (NYY)
Top MLB Prospect: Jackson Holliday, Aberdeen (BAL)

All-Star Team
1B: Abimelec Ortiz, Hickory (TEX No. 14)
2B: Tsung-Che Cheng, Greensboro (PIT No. 20)
SS: Jackson Holliday, Aberdeen (BAL No. 1, MLB No. 1)
3B: Blaze Jordan, Greenville (BOS No. 12)
C: Drake Baldwin, Rome (ATL No. 28)
OF: Dru Baker, Bowling Green (TB)
OF: Roman Anthony, Greenville (BOS No. 2, MLB No. 35)
OF: Dylan Beavers, Aberdeen (BAL No. 9)
DH: Jase Bowen, Greensboro (PIT No. 29)
UTIL: Carson Williams, Bowling Green (TB No. 2, MLB No. 19)
SP: Drew Thorpe, Hudson Valley (NYY No. 5, MLB No. 100)
SP: Keyshawn Askew, Bowling Green (TB)
SP: Isaac Coffey, Greenville (BOS)
SP: Josh Stephan, Hickory (TEX No. 15)
RP: Jack Neely, Hudson Valley (NYY)
RP: Paul Gervase, Brooklyn (NYM)
Manager: Chad Comer, Hickory (TEX)

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Ronald Acuna Jr. (this season) and Ty Cobb (in 1911) are the only players in MLB history to have 75+ extra-base hits and 60+ stolen bases in the same season.

Both Acuna Jr. and Cobb were born on December 18, 111 years apart (1886 and 1997).

Dodgerfan74

Oct 6, 2008
Ronald Acuna Jr. (this season) and Ty Cobb (in 1911) are the only players in MLB history to have 75+ extra-base hits and 60+ stolen bases in the same season.

Both Acuna Jr. and Cobb were born on December 18, 111 years apart (1886 and 1997).
Very cool-My birthday is December 18 too. 1963
Maybe I will have to collect some Acuna cards and Cobb.

Members online

Latest posts