Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*****THURSDAY MORNING THREAD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
two baseballs signed last night ---one only signs "to your name " I understand - OK with me . Sad when new players don't even know who's jersey they are wearing with so many moves being made
I get some batting practice baseballs and will pick a kid to give one to . l look for kids with Grand Parents --- Walked up to family asked boy where's glove how will you catch baseball ? " i didn't think i would catch one" Well put your hands together show me ---I dropped baseball into hands --eye about popped out . Watching later he was still holding with both hands --asked grandad if he thought boy would let go --NOT TONIGHT he said . This is what it is all about .

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
two baseballs signed last night ---one only signs "to your name " I understand - OK with me . Sad when new players don't even know who's jersey they are wearing with so many moves being made
I get some batting practice baseballs and will pick a kid to give one to . l look for kids with Grand Parents --- Walked up to family asked boy where's glove how will you catch baseball ? " i didn't think i would catch one" Well put your hands together show me ---I dropped baseball into hands --eye about popped out . Watching later he was still holding with both hands --asked grandad if he thought boy would let go --NOT TONIGHT he said . This is what it is all about .
You have me giving out an occasional BP ball every now and then!!!

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
certain days i might get 10 batting practice balls --most will go to kids . Several i 've walked up to will say I've already given them one . I tell those with INFANTS put in plastic bag with ticket stub IF FIRST game ---- give to that at about TEN for birthday .

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
Afternoon all! Excessive heat warning here too. Storms coming in tonight bringing cooler weather. Hopefully it's the last of the near 100 degree temps for the year.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Awesome!
I get good seats on occasion and usually get a coach to toss me a ball or two. At the Royals game the other night, I was behind the Yankees on-deck circle and a little Yankees fan had been trying between every inning to get a ball but couldn't "out-reach" the bigger kids, so I was planning to get one for him. About the 6th inning, I got Aaron Boone to toss a ball my way...but these 2 Yankees d-bags right in front of me grabbed it, turned to me and said "thanks", then sat back down. They knew I was planning to get a ball for that kid because, well, they were sitting right in front of me. Poor kid never got a ball but I'm sure those Yankees dopes are proud...

Members online

Latest posts