Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Today's Slab Mail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RickeyRuns

Aug 12, 2008
Here are a few more that came in yesterday. Was too lazy to scan them lastnight. Hope you Slab ***** like em even though they're not Prospects. :lol:

1982Fleer643PSA9.jpg
1982ToppsStickers221PSA10.jpg
1983Fleer639PSA10.jpg
1983ToppsStickers198PSA10.jpg
1984FleerStickers53PSA10.jpg
1984ToppsTiffany230PSA10.jpg

promodeltodd

Aug 7, 2008
I love all those Hendersons. Hope to see him in Cooperstown this next induction, or at least one of his personalities :D .

gregbara

Aug 10, 2008
Enjoy my September Order !
Looking to sell one of the Common BGS 10's, PM me offers if your interested.

DanielMurphy.jpg

DavidWright.jpg

DavidWright001.jpg

DavidWright002.jpg

DavidWright003.jpg

RickeyRuns

Aug 12, 2008
promodeltodd said:
I love all those Hendersons. Hope to see him in Cooperstown this next induction, or at least one of his personalities :D .

LOL @ his personalities. Aint it the truth though?! I recently read an article where a blogger was stating that Henderson deserved 100% of the votes, but has a feeling the voters will not allow that type of voting take place because it'll set a standard on which they'd have to vote that way on future ballots. From what I read Tom Seaver has the highest votes ever at around 98% his first year being on the ballot. Knowing that, I honestly dont see why Rickey wouldnt get 100% considering all the records he holds, the caliber of a player he was/is and his giving back to his communities of his choice, whether it be in Nevada, Chicago or Oakland. But reguardless of his voting percentage, I just want him in there!!!

And thanks for the comments, i'm glad you enjoyed them :) I'll be posting more in the very near future and quite frequently I might add.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
RickeyRuns said:
LOL @ his personalities. But reguardless of his voting percentage, I just want him in there!!!

It is funny because most of the under 20 crowd knows little to nothing about Henderson and his accomplishments. Based on the way the game is played today, many people are to quick to overlook what he meant to the success of his team. Back in the early 80's, pitching ruled the game and an offense needed to manufacture runs....draw a walk, hit-and-run or steal a base to move the runner and bring him home with a sacrifice fly.

Under that type of approach to the game, Henderson was a real offense weapon. While he was a strange cat, he was incredible between the lines. I happen to think more than a few of the "Rickey" stories are just that...stories that add to his lore.

NerfXerks

Aug 7, 2008
muchuckwagon said:
RickeyRuns said:
LOL @ his personalities. But reguardless of his voting percentage, I just want him in there!!!

It is funny because most of the under 20 crowd knows little to nothing about Henderson and his accomplishments. Based on the way the game is played today, many people are to quick to overlook what he meant to the success of his team. Back in the early 80's, pitching ruled the game and an offense needed to manufacture runs....draw a walk, hit-and-run or steal a base to move the runner and bring him home with a sacrifice fly.

Under that type of approach to the game, Henderson was a real offense weapon. While he was a strange cat, he was incredible between the lines. I happen to think more than a few of the "Rickey" stories are just that...stories that add to his lore.

Not to mention Henderson walked a ton and had more pop than some people remember.

RickeyRuns

Aug 12, 2008
I certainly hope that I am not putting any of you that view this thread asleep with my Rickey cards. I know there are alot of people that don't really care for the man, but I honestly dont care to share my collection anywhere else than with other slab collectors...and I must say, we've got tons of slabs collectors here, BGS and PSA alike. I know ThoseBackPages enjoys them, but I hope the rest do as well.

Anyway, here are a few more that came in today that will fill some holes in my registry.

1987FleerGlossy101PSA10.jpg
1995CollectorsChoice53PSA10.jpg
1995CollectorsChoice125PSA10.jpg
1996Score10PSA10.jpg

Members online

Latest posts