Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Top 5 QB's for 2011 Draft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tombb25

Dec 17, 2009
Napa, CA
Opinions - Where do you think they will land?

Top 5 According to ESPN

1. Andrew Luck
2. Blaine Gabbert
3. Jake Locker
4. Cam Newton
5. Ryan Mallett

Order from ESPN

1. Panthers 2-14 .125 .574
2. Broncos 4-12 .250 .516
3. Bills 4-12 .250 .578
4. Bengals 4-12 .250 .582
5. Cardinals 5-11 .313 .465
6. Browns 5-11 .313 .570
7. 49ers 6-10 .375 .488
8. Titans 6-10 .375 .508
9. Cowboys 6-10 .375 .512
10. Redskins 6-10 .375 .516
11. Texans 6-10 .375 .523
12. Vikings 6-10 .375 .539
13. Lions 6-10 .375 .543
14. Rams 7-9 .438 .449
15. Dolphins 7-9 .438 .539
16. Jaguars 8-8 .500 .453
17. Patriots (from Raiders) 14-2 .875 .504
18. Chargers 9-7 .563 .457
19. Giants 10-6 .625 .453
20. Buccaneers

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
1. Andrew Luck
2. Cam Newton
3. Ryan Mallett
4. Pat Devlin
5. Jake Locker

Luck/Newton, top 5
Mallett, top 15
Devlin/Locker, 2nd round.

Some retarded team will draft Locker in the 1st, probably the Seahawks

Gabbert will return to Mizzuo

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Is Luck even coming out, I had heard he was staying cuz of the lockout possiblities. Does Carolina take him if he comes out, even with Clausen in the fold.

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
If Mallett falls to the late first or early second then the Raiders need to trade up and grab him. I think he has a real shot at being a really good NFL QB. If its a late first or second round pick the investment is fairly low and they can get a veteran guy to come in or keep campbell around and develop the young guy. I know its wishful thinking but i would love it if they picked up one of these guys and gave them some time to come along

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
JoshHamilton said:
Gabbert will return to Mizzuo
Gabbert declared for the draft today. His stock appears to have risen in recent weeks.

securedsports said:
Is Luck even coming out, I had heard he was staying cuz of the lockout possiblities. Does Carolina take him if he comes out, even with Clausen in the fold.

Luck will probably lose his coach in the next day or two. I think he comes out. Odds of a lockout persisting more than three weeks of the regular season seem slim to me. One intriguing possibility is Harbaugh goes to Frisco then the team trades up for Luck. Carolina has a lot of holes to fill and could do it faster with a trade down for additional picks.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Why the love for Gabbert? He comes from the same shotgun spread offense that Chase Daniel came from. He's got good arm strength, but ahead of Mallett? Give me a break.

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
JoshHamilton said:
Why the love for Gabbert? He comes from the same shotgun spread offense that Chase Daniel came from. He's got good arm strength, but ahead of Mallett? Give me a break.
Agreed I think Mallett may be the best of this bunch. Either way i thin this will be a very good QB draft class a few years down the road.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
JoshHamilton said:

I'd take Mallet over Daniel. Dare I say Mallet has some similarity to Brett Favre? Gunslinger, wins games, loses some with the picks. If the guy tries to force it less he could be a great one. If not, then we get a Jay Cutler clone which isn't terrible for the team he is on.

I'm not yet sold on Gabbert but to answer your question his completion percentage has improved every year. He closed out 2010 with 63.4%. His career 40 TDs to 18 INTs is also respectable. Daniel had better numbers but also had better talent to work with (based on what a Mizzou fan coworker tells me in addition to my Big 12 following).

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
I feel like I've posted a million times already on this - being a Dolphins fan - it's been #1 point of discussion.
My hope and dream scenario would be the Dolphins landing Mallett - I get if others aren't as high on him, as it's a gut feeling on my part, he seems to have all the tools and the perverbial "it".

Quick thoughts on the others.

Luck - A stud. Clear #1. Franchise QB.

Gabbert - Honestly saw him at #2 last night and it seemed out of the blue. Have to admit I haven't seen enough to really feel strongly either way.

Locker - Is going to get somebody fired. I get the "He doesn't have the talent around him" argument, but there's no way I'm using a 1st round pick on a guy that you not only have to project him to the next level, but then make a second projection regarding what he could do with more talent around him.

Newton - Personally I wouldn't pick him...but it's really tough to say either way how his game is going to translate. If I had too - I'd guess ihe ends up somewhere in the Vince Young range, where he has moments and can be productive (so not a total bust), but not sure he'll ever be elite.

Mallett - As I said - I feel he can also be great. Would be my second choice after Luck.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
securedsports said:

I would.
Luck screams once in a decade type talent you can't pass up on.
Had Clausen shown anything - then maybe you entertain the thought of trading out (as I'm sure they'd get a King's ransom for someone that wants Luck). but I just can't see passing on Luck for Clausen at this point.
Doesn't seem like a sound decision for the new regime coming in....passing on Luck to keep Clausen seems like a decision that'd get them fired within a couple years.

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
mstng99tim said:
I'm not sure where they'll land, but if the Bengals don't draft one of them they are retarded. Palmer flat out sucks.
It is not Palmer fault Marvin Lewis sucks and can not build a roster.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
mstng99tim said:
I'm not sure where they'll land, but if the Bengals don't draft one of them they are retarded. Palmer flat out sucks.

I have to disagree brother. Palmer is solid. The last 3 weeks of this season, he showed that he still has it. What has hurt (and it seriously pains me to say this) is throwing to Chad Ochocinco. Chad constantly, since day 1, runs bad routes. He decides to improvise (or just flat out doesn't know where he's supposed to be) and Palmer throws it where he is supposed to be and it's an incompletion or pick. Same thing happened with TO this season. Don't get me wrong, Owens was playing solid, but it was obvious that he half-assed it from time to time as well as running the wrong route.

I'm not saying that Palmer never makes mistakes on his own, but when you watch how he performed when the young receivers were out there, it says something. Those guys were running the right routes and Palmer was hitting the right spots. He had 2 picks against Baltimore, one was a tipped ball, the other he threw behind Shipley. Other than that, he and the receivers were on the same page.

If the Bengals are smart, that's asking a lot from Mike Brown, they'll let Chad Ochocinco and Terrell Owens walk. They have a stable of young receivers who look like they are ready to play. True, there will be mistakes due to inexperience, but they were drafted for this very reason. Also, Bob Bratkowski has to go. I truly believe that he is the worst offensive coordinator in all of football. They need to let the divas go, get a real OC, and re-sign Cedric Benson. That won't cure all of the offenses problems, but it will help tremendously.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I agree with Muskies, I'd let the divas walk and give Palmer another year to show if he's done or not.

Just saw McShay now has Gibbert in the Top 5 overall. I don't agree, but just saying.

And I'm rooting for Devlin, he's a local kid who used to come into my Store, but I highly doubt he goes that high.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
muskiesfan said:
mstng99tim said:

I have to disagree brother. Palmer is solid. The last 3 weeks of this season, he showed that he still has it. What has hurt (and it seriously pains me to say this) is throwing to Chad Ochocinco. Chad constantly, since day 1, runs bad routes. He decides to improvise (or just flat out doesn't know where he's supposed to be) and Palmer throws it where he is supposed to be and it's an incompletion or pick. Same thing happened with TO this season. Don't get me wrong, Owens was playing solid, but it was obvious that he half-assed it from time to time as well as running the wrong route.

I'm not saying that Palmer never makes mistakes on his own, but when you watch how he performed when the young receivers were out there, it says something. Those guys were running the right routes and Palmer was hitting the right spots. He had 2 picks against Baltimore, one was a tipped ball, the other he threw behind Shipley. Other than that, he and the receivers were on the same page.

If the Bengals are smart, that's asking a lot from Mike Brown, they'll let Chad Ochocinco and Terrell Owens walk. They have a stable of young receivers who look like they are ready to play. True, there will be mistakes due to inexperience, but they were drafted for this very reason. Also, Bob Bratkowski has to go. I truly believe that he is the worst offensive coordinator in all of football. They need to let the divas go, get a real OC, and re-sign Cedric Benson. That won't cure all of the offenses problems, but it will help tremendously.
And what about that play at the end of the game when over threw a wide open receiver by about 10 yards???

Hey, as a Steeler fan, I hope he stays in Cincy for the rest of his career!!!

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
vetsgt02 said:
mstng99tim said:
It is not Palmer fault Marvin Lewis sucks and can not build a roster.
Mike Brown makes all the decisions.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
mstng99tim said:
muskiesfan said:
mstng99tim said:

And what about that play at the end of the game when over threw a wide open receiver by about 10 yards???

Hey, as a Steeler fan, I hope he stays in Cincy for the rest of his career!!!

I said that he still makes mistakes. I think if they let the distraction twins go, Palmer will have close to, if not, a career year next year. The guy's not perfect, he's still going to overthrow receivers and make bad decisions from time to time. I'm just saying his numbers will go up when he throws to a spot and receiver is actually where they're supposed to be. His interceptions will go down as well.

Yeah, again with the Steelers fan thing. ;) One of these years, we'll win the division again. :lol:

Members online

Latest posts