Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps issues (non) Statement on Tribute - Updated with Recall Statement!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
This is very interesting. What are the chances that Topps just destroys all returned product?

If there are any non smeared/bubbled autos to be found in Tribute, I think Topps will rip open the returned product to look for those few cards to use in contests or redemption replacements.

if every auto card is smeared/bubbled, I'm sure topps will put the product on a barge, go to the atlantic ocean, and dump it overboard. ;)

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I just can't imagine Topps paying its people to open up all that recalled product. I would do it for free lol

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
And the question would then be "where did all the Dawson cards go?"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

But if they end up in the Atlantic , if someone asks where Dustin (Hawk8) has been on here because he hasn't posted lately , you can answer "at the bottom of the Atlantic searching for all the Tribute Dawson cards".

Ryan

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
But if they end up in the Atlantic , if someone asks where Dustin (Hawk8) has been on here because he hasn't posted lately , you can answer "at the bottom of the Atlantic searching for all the Tribute Dawson cards".

Ryan

I would become a treasure hunter lol

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
back to the topic at hand... if one were to buy or keep a auto with some bubbling, the auto will only degrade over time if put in a binder because the flaw is the auto ink does not adhere to the UV coating, right?

I see some not-so-bad autos with an minor incident or two of bubbling but want to make sure that the auto is going to get worse over time before deciding not to bid on them because of that.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
back to the topic at hand... if one were to buy or keep a auto with some bubbling, the auto will only degrade over time if put in a binder because the flaw is the auto ink does not adhere to the UV coating, right?

I see some not-so-bad autos with an minor incident or two of bubbling but want to make sure that the auto is going to get worse over time before deciding not to bid on them because of that.

Yes, it will only get worse. The auto ink will never cure on top of UV coating. It would be like placing a wet card into a sleeve, to use an extreme analogy.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
My first thought would be that they would send out sheets of stickers to the players to sign, and then when the players send them back, they would just mail out the stickers so you would be able to put the sticker over the top pf the auto.. :rolleyes:

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
My first thought would be that they would send out sheets of stickers to the players to sign, and then when the players send them back, they would just mail out the stickers so you would be able to put the sticker over the top pf the auto.. :rolleyes:

Lol!

Members online

Latest posts