Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Traveling, need good shop suggestions; Michigan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I'll be going to Ann Arbor next weekend from Friday, leaving Monday. Are there any good shops in the area, or even one's that are easily off of I94 from Madison, WI to Ann Arbor, MI? I don't plan on stopping in Chicago.

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
20 years ago, there was a very nice card store in Portage, MI (near Kalamazoo) when I went to college. It was called Scott's Card store. I googled it to see if I could get lucky. Apparently, he has expanded his business to gold and jewelry as well. Here is a link. http://www.scottssportscards.com/.

The website doesn't show much on the card side of the business. You may want to call them first to see what kind of product they have.

And I see it is approximately 2 miles off I-94 which is around where they were when I was in college. It is on Westnedge - Westnedge is a main road through the Kalamazoo/Portage area so it would be an easy on/easy off the highway for you. If you stop by there, let me know.

BrewerSuperCollector

Aug 10, 2008
I've never been to the shop, but you can call and see what they have

Stadium Cards & Comics?
2061 Golfside Drive, Ypsilanti, MI 48197-1571
(734) 434-0283?

GO BLUE!!!

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
archiebunkerjr said:
20 years ago, there was a very nice card store in Portage, MI (near Kalamazoo) when I went to college. It was called Scott's Card store. I googled it to see if I could get lucky. Apparently, he has expanded his business to gold and jewelry as well. Here is a link. http://www.scottssportscards.com/.

The website doesn't show much on the card side of the business. You may want to call them first to see what kind of product they have.

And I see it is approximately 2 miles off I-94 which is around where they were when I was in college. It is on Westnedge - Westnedge is a main road through the Kalamazoo/Portage area so it would be an easy on/easy off the highway for you. If you stop by there, let me know.

They are still there, I'm from Kalamazoo and they're still going strong. My ex-girlfriend worked there in the jewelry side so I always got a nice discount whenever I bought cards or supplies. They usually have pretty fair prices on wax and a decent selection of singles. Scott is a real good guy and Josh, the guy in charge of cards, is really cool too. Take the 94 South exit (it's exit 76 but I can't remember if it's A or B) and drive until you see the sign. The building is brown and it'll be on the right side of the road.

roundtree34

Aug 9, 2008
stadium cards and comics is the really only card shop in the area, Mark and Chad are good people, they willset you straight.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Awesome guys.

Has anyone ever been to the Topps Trade Center in Benton, MI? It's on the way for me and the Google reviews seem to lead me to believe it's active and good.

Pills

Aug 7, 2008
I'd be able to tell you 15 years ago, but stores around there change so quickly, especially on South U.

(I just realized that I graduated 15 years ago this weekend. Ugh.)

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Adrian D. said:
Watch your speed on I94. Lots of MI State Troopers.

Thanks. I'll set the cruise. I have all day to get from Wisconsin to Michigan, so no rush.

Anyone else have any other suggestions? I didn't really want to stop in Gary, IN (who des?), but of there is a good shop, I'd be inclined.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
BrewerSuperCollector said:
I've never been to the shop, but you can call and see what they have

Stadium Cards & Comics?
2061 Golfside Drive, Ypsilanti, MI 48197-1571
(734) 434-0283?

GO BLUE!!!
Not great, but not bad. Very small shop with mostly newer product. Gonna be off the highway quite a ways though.

BrewerSuperCollector said:
Wall of Fame?
1382 Industrial Dr # 2, Saline, MI 48176-9487
(734) 429-7355?
walloffame.net
Don't bother.

jeremy

Aug 7, 2008
YOU KNOW
hive17 said:
Awesome guys.

Has anyone ever been to the Topps Trade Center in Benton, MI? It's on the way for me and the Google reviews seem to lead me to believe it's active and good.

this is like 20 minutes from me and ive been there a bunch of times. its mostly video games/dvds and such with a small card section. if you want to pick up a few packs and maybe a super nintendo game its a good deal

Members online

Latest posts