Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Travis Denker is back in blue!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
The Los Angeles Dodgers signed free-agent 2B Travis Denker (Mariners) to an undisclosed deal Tuesday, May 4, according to The Sports Network

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
boxbreaker44 said:
The Los Angeles Dodgers signed free-agent 2B Travis Denker (Mariners) to an undisclosed deal Tuesday, May 4, according to The Sports Network

Good for him! ps was Denker on the boards with that quote from your sig?

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
sdsportsfan1214 said:
boxbreaker44 said:

Good for him! ps was Denker on the boards with that quote from your sig?
no just an interview that i thought was funny.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I bet he'll be added to Albuquerque's roster since we lost nick green to the Dodgers. OTOH, he may be sent to extended spring to get into playing shape before being reassigned...

I hope he comes to Albuquerque as I admired him when the Grizzles came to town.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
Yea your probably spot on.
rsmath said:
I bet he'll be added to Albuquerque's roster since we lost nick green to the Dodgers. OTOH, he may be sent to extended spring to get into playing shape before being reassigned...

I hope he comes to Albuquerque as I admired him when the Grizzles came to town.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
i was sort-of wrong. He was sent to Inland Empire. I can't imagine he -- one who is at least a AAA-level player, will stay there long once he gets into playing shape again.

Isotopes got Ramon Nivar and for the heck of me, I'm trying to remember what name he broke into professional baseball using (and later changed it to Nivar) unless I"m confusing him with someone else who got to AA/AAA level and changed his name because it was similar to someone else who was in the big leagues.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
rsmath said:
i was sort-of wrong. He was sent to Inland Empire. I can't imagine he -- one who is at least a AAA-level player, will stay there long once he gets into playing shape again.

Isotopes got Ramon Nivar and for the heck of me, I'm trying to remember what name he broke into professional baseball using (and later changed it to Nivar) unless I"m confusing him with someone else who got to AA/AAA level and changed his name because it was similar to someone else who was in the big leagues.
yea i was at the IE 66'ers game tonight. I dont think he will be there very long though he hasnt played in A ball since 2007.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Maybe Denker hasn't reported yet if you didn't see him in the dugout or game. The official MILB transaction says Denker was signed as a free agent and assigned to Inland Empire, so that would tell me Inland Empire is expecting him to report at some point...

hitforthecycle

Aug 7, 2008
Des Moines, IA
rsmath said:

Ramón A. Nivar Martínez is his full name.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
boxbreaker44 said:
scotty21690 said:
Very cool, especially because your superfractor is of him in a Dodgers uniform. ;)
yep all my bowmans now make sense again.
Okay, so now that Travis has gone full circle let's get him some playing time in the bigs! :cool: