Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tricky situation, not really sure what to do here *update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Re: Tricky situation, not really sure what to do here

nyc3 said:
matchpenalty said:
Talk about f'ed up. Both of you were wrong. Buyer should never ever gift payment and seller should never ship anything worth that much without DC. I say give it another week. Then refund half the $. You guys should just split it down middle for both f'ing it up.

How did they buyer mess up by sending a gift to a trusted member to save the seller in fees?

Because he can't file a paypal claim. The seller doesn't have to give him anything back. Never ever send a gift payment.

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
Re: Tricky situation, not really sure what to do here

shayscards79 said:
From where to where was it shipped? I mean, I sent a card out two and a half weeks ago first class international to Canada and the package hasn't shown up yet.

Was it domestic? If so, that's seems long but you never know. I sent a card out that took the post office about three weeks to deliver after Christmas. The guy had the nerve to open a case against me two weeks in for a $5.50 card. I refunded him the money, he got the card a week later and never messaged me about it.... so I got screwed by the post office three ways to Sunday.

Shipped from upstate Vermont to Texas...usually not the fastest route, but not that slow either.

I'm just going to refund him on Saturday, I trust that he will be honest if the cards do eventually show up.

And as I stated before, now that I've learned about Paypal shipping I'll be using that exclusively.

Thanks again for the responses.

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
Just wanted to update this thread to say that I've fully refunded the buyer. Don't want anyone to get the idea that I'm trying to scam someone on here. Crossing my fingers that they turn up at some point, either way I learned my lesson.

Thanks for looking!

Members online

Latest posts