Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Triple Threads is LIVE!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I am watching a 5 case break now, and there are some major dogs in this product.
He has pulled a Harper auto, but the drop off from that is pretty significant, so much so that I can't even tell you who would be next.

I like the product at times. But I'm going to see some people hit it out of the park, but then like past years and all other products, there will be may more heart breaks.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I am watching a 5 case break now, and there are some major dogs in this product.
He has pulled a Harper auto, but the drop off from that is pretty significant, so much so that I can't even tell you who would be next.

Nice! Watching a 5 case break would be fun.... LMK if they spike any rare Belle cards ;)

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
My general assessment of Triple Threads, mostly based on prior years of busting boxes and seeing results of others. I'm assuming this year will be no different:

~$200 per box

70% of the boxes yield between $5-$75 of value (i.e., a swift kick in the nuts)

15% are in the $76-$199 range (i.e., could have been worse, I probably got some nice cards, maybe even one very nice hit, but I still lost money)

15% are in the $200+ range (i.e., lucky box, I got either one great card or two nice cards and came out ahead)

High end is always a big risk. You usually have better odds of hitting a big money card than in lower end products, but you're still only going to hit one of these one or two out of every 10 boxes or so where a single card more than pays for your $200 buy in. Even when you hit some nice stuff, you can still lose, because there simply aren't THAT many cards that will sell for triple digits, let alone $200. It's fun as hell to break, because you know there are huge possibilities, but unless you get lucky, chances are you're going to be disappointed. That being said, there are some great singles and I'm a big fan of the parallels for player collectors because high end rainbows are awesome.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
just saw some odds:

kick in the nuts 1:1 body slam 1:4 foot up the @#% 1:6 paper cut 1:3 paper cut with salt in the wound 1:13 black eye parallel 1:9 great white shark
bite 1:33

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
when are we going to see an original design? pretty much the same thing over and over and over again. Should have known with the extra "hit" in each pack Topps was going to have to blow out the worthless garbage "event used". when is the next "chrome" product coming out? At least with those products it's just a $75 kick in the junk if the box sucks.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Ricky Henderson 1/1 patch auto pulled, pictured Henderson as a yankee yet the patch is from a Mets uniform. Classic.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Should have known with the extra "hit" in each pack Topps was going to have to blow out the worthless garbage "event used".

I kept asking Topps on Twitter if these were game worn or event used relics because they just kept saying relics. They were responding to everyones questions but wouldnt respond to mine. lol

Typical loaded with low end garbage.