Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Trout SF sets price record...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
The Trout Sterling Superfractor sold yesterday for $3.4 Million.

The previous record had been $3.1 for a Honus Wagner...

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
I just sold a 2009 Bowman Sterling BGS 9.5 of Trout for $5300. The prices cards are going for now is unreal.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
TWO GUESSES ---- who has a Mike Trout auto blue SER # /150

Very nice. I've had one myself but didn't hang onto it. My blue was also going to be part of a trade to aquire a gold ref. auto and I just couldn't pull the trigger on it. I thought it was too much to put into one player at the time. At different points in time, I've had a base BC auto, two BGS 9.5/10 BC refractor autos and a BC blue ref. auto. Sadly, moved them all and now have no 1st BC or RC autos of Trout but hung onto a single 2011 Bowman chrome RC.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
It just makes me ill to think about these prices. I try not to judge but that's insane for an 11-year-old card of an active player halfway through his career. The Wagner not being the most valuable card in the hobby anymore is low-key earthshaking, and it's not been replaced by another ancient card in shockingly high grade of an immortal vintage HOFer. Not to mention the base auto is creeping up to $10K. I think about the Tristar show in Houston in July 2012 and half the dealer cases were stacked with BGS 9.5s of 2009 BC Trout (and Harper) autos and I never got a single one. I don't recall what base ones were going for but I remember a gold being offered for either $3500 or $5000 and thinking THAT was insane. He was having a great season but obviously nothing to indicate he'd be able to do it for a full decade and everyone would gravitate toward or go full wild for him. I don't know if I'm ill because pricing is just completely out of whack with my own sensibilities, or ill from envy. Probably both.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
I hope these prices continue or atleast stablize. I know we are in a bubble but I hope when that bubble pops, the prices don't plummet, but stay steady.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
A Tatis auto Red /5 sold for $229K last nite.

That's more than Tatis' base salary for this season...

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Totally insane! If I had that kind of money I'd be sprawled out like a beached whale somewhere in Turks and Caicos...

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
An article from Worth Point Aug. 28 2020

About 24 months ago, notable sports bettor, Dave Oancea, A.K.A. “Vegas Dave,” purchased the exact card at auction for . . . . wait for it . . . . $400,000. That’s right; in the span of 2 years, Oancea realized a profit of $3.44M. By purchasing and reselling a baseball card. A baseball card produced this century.

At the time, many people in the hobby questioned his decision. They called him things like: “Nuts,” “Ignorant,” “Stupid,” and other cruelties. Sunday morning following the auction, Oancea took to Twitter with his response:

“4 million dollars. I just flipped a piece of cardboard for 3.6 million dollars in 24 months which required no manual labor. That’s more money than each of my critics will ever make working a 9-5 for 40 hours a week for 40 years for a boss they don’t like even like. Cheers haters.”

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts