Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TUF and Kimbo **No Spoilers**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Has watching Kimbo on TUF changed your opinion of him? It has changed my opinion of him. He's not nearly a big of d-bag as I thought he was. I think he's kinda funny and down to earth. I hope he does well now.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
I never thought he was a bad guy. I never got the hate.

Roy Nelson is a bitch. He might take out Kimbo like that, but I can't wait for one of the other guys knock him the **** out.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
Yeah. Roy Nelson is a major ******. I don't like him.

I wanted to fight someone when he got up and complained about how the fight wasn't stopped after the 1st round. And did you hear Nelson's corner round 2 counting? What a bunch of ****. Dana said it best when comparing his daughter mounting him to Nelson on top of Kimbo.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
champb21 said:
bullcrap that kimbo gets to come back after being ******* around

Yeah because there has never been a fighter in the history of TUF to come back after loosing because someone has been hurt. Oh wait that happens every season.

Aug 29, 2008
Snyper said:
champb21 said:

Lay and pray = "being ******* around"? :|

Lay and Pray doesn't get you stoppages. What Nelson was doing on the ground wasn't incredibly brutal but as they were talking before if you are punching someone in the face and they can do nothing to stop it the ref will stop the fight, it certainly was not lay and pray. Nelson is my pick to at least make it to the finals and while it wasn't flashy, he thoroughly dominated Kimbo.

My perception on Kimbo really doesnt change. Ever since he became famous everyone that talks about him says what a good guy he is and how people just assume he's some big thug. He's really never said or done anything to deserve the hate that he gets. When it comes to MMA he's still very green though. Roy did whatever he wanted on the ground. I'll be interested to see what the UFC does with him if he doesn't get another opportunity to fight on the show.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Kimbo got his ass kicked. He has no ground game and will continue to get his ass kicked by anyone with a ground game.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
TonyButlerStopSuckin said:
Snyper said:
champb21 said:

Lay and pray = "being ******* around"? :|

Lay and Pray doesn't get you stoppages. What Nelson was doing on the ground wasn't incredibly brutal but as they were talking before if you are punching someone in the face and they can do nothing to stop it the ref will stop the fight, it certainly was not lay and pray. Nelson is my pick to at least make it to the finals and while it wasn't flashy, he thoroughly dominated Kimbo.

My perception on Kimbo really doesnt change. Ever since he became famous everyone that talks about him says what a good guy he is and how people just assume he's some big thug. He's really never said or done anything to deserve the hate that he gets. When it comes to MMA he's still very green though. Roy did whatever he wanted on the ground. I'll be interested to see what the UFC does with him if he doesn't get another opportunity to fight on the show.

Roy Nelson won't go anywhere with garbage performances like that. But don't take my word for it, Dana's face and reaction said it all.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
Ty Hope said:
Kimbo got his ass kicked. He has no ground game and will continue to get his ass kicked by anyone with a ground game.

You are delusional. If that was an "ass kicking" I'd love to see your reaction to a legit beat down. :lol:

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Snyper said:
Ty Hope said:

You are delusional. If that was an "ass kicking" I'd love to see your reaction to a legit beat down. :lol:

Actually, when you are pinned down defenseless, getting hit 100 times unable to do anything, that is an ass whooping.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
Ty Hope said:
Snyper said:
[quote="Ty Hope":19jd05c8]Kimbo got his ass kicked. He has no ground game and will continue to get his ass kicked by anyone with a ground game.

Actually, when you are pinned down defenseless, getting hit 100 times unable to do anything, that is an ass whooping.[/quote:19jd05c8]

Again, you are delusional. Define getting "hit".

I've never seen a better example of a fight being stopped due to technicality more than this one. Tell me something, did Kimbo have even one mark or bruise on his face after that fight? No. Oh yeah, that's because he didn't get hit in the face, he got hit on the top of the head/forehead. You could even hear the frustration in the refs voice when he stopped it, which is exactly why he didn't stop it after round 1. He knew it was a garbage deal.

I'd be willing to bet we end up seeing Kimbo in the UFC before we see Nelson. One of them comes to fight while the other does just enough to get by. But only one of them puts asses in the seats.

Doesn't really matter what you think seeing as how it's looking like Mr Kimbo will be getting a second shot anyway..

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
Snyper said:
Ty Hope said:

Seriously. Those punches did no damage to Kimbo, he just couldn't fight back because the fat dude was sitting on him. Dana was right, it was like him letting his daughter hit him on the ground.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Calling Roy Nelson a "fat dude" is completely oversimplifying him as a fighter.

Did he look good tonight? No, he looked completely sloppy, but at least he looked comfortable in the octagon. Unlike Kimbo.

If Roy Nelson didn't have a gut, people wouldn't be nearly as negative as they are when he fights.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Calling Roy Nelson a "fat dude" is completely oversimplifying him as a fighter.

Did he look good tonight? No, he looked completely sloppy, but at least he looked comfortable in the octagon. Unlike Kimbo.

If Roy Nelson didn't have a gut, people wouldn't be nearly as negative as they are when he fights.

I think his attitude has a lot to do with it also. He though he was the big news at the beginning of the season. He doesn't like training with anyone. He thinks he's better than everyone in the house and knows more (like counting the hits you get out loud. Big dbag move). He also acted like he shocked the world in a PPV main event when he beat Kimbo.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Did I say he did a lot of damage? No. He comletely immobilized Kimbo on the ground so he couldnt respond at all. Fine, maybe thats not an ass whooping, but it is a dominant performance.

Kimbo is a joke.

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
Ty Hope said:
Did I say he did a lot of damage? No. He comletely immobilized Kimbo on the ground so he couldnt respond at all. Fine, maybe thats not an ass whooping, but it is a dominant performance.

Kimbo is a joke.

I wouldnt quite call him a joke.
He did crack Nelson a few times.
But yes, I agree that getting a ground seminar run on you during a UFC fight is, although physically not taking a ton of punishment, you are getting your ass kicked.
And other guy would have KOd him in those positions but IMO Nelson was proving a point that its MMA, not swinging for the fences streetfighting or toughman!

But boy would I like to see that guy with some takedown defense because I think he carries enough power to KO anyone at HW.

Without good takedown defense and at least stalling skills on the ground, people will just continue to shoot in for the takedown and move to superior positions!

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
What I find interesting is that when Kimbo and Brock Lesnar each made their debuts on the National scene, people compared the two as equally equally untalented and as hype only.

One of those two has shown that he is far more ready for "prime time" than the other.

Kimbo will be in the UFC for PPV sales and nothing more. Perhaps a 2-fight contract, or a per fight contract because this star will drop quickly. Plus, at 35, I really don't see a lot of potential for him to learn the required skills to compete with anyone in the top 10 of UFC's heavyweight division.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts