Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TwinsFest 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwinGnats

May 25, 2010
Fridley, MN
Everyone who has gone, what is your feedback about the positives and negatives of the metrodome twinsfest vs. Target Field twinsfest? Is there enough room? Is the card show as good? Are the autograph station logistics better/worse?

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
I think everything is well managed with plenty of room except for the sports show. Being in the dark and confined basement is XXXXty. The numbering system for Mauer has worked well. It is easy to manage between floors. Limiting the amount of people attending each day was a good idea, too many people in these areas would be chaos otherwise. If you are number 300 or less, you can easily get Mauer in his time slot. Buxton line Friday was NNFC but that was to be expected, as was Sano. All in all, the Twins get an overall grade of a B from me based on Friday night. Going tomorrow cause I bought a ticket thinking I wouldnt be able to get Bux and Mauer bith on Friday but I did so well see if the weather keeps people away tomorrow and if the Twins held back any GU items to be put out on Sunday.

twinsvikings31

Jan 20, 2014
Everyone who has gone, what is your feedback about the positives and negatives of the metrodome twinsfest vs. Target Field twinsfest? Is there enough room? Is the card show as good? Are the autograph station logistics better/worse?

Personally, I liked the Dome better for everything!!! Cheaper admission, a ton of space. It felt really cramped at Target Field. In my opinion, the show was way better at the dome too.. there were probably 20ish tables there yesterday whereas the dome had what like 40+? Anyways its still fun!

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Was Ball Park Heroes in the game used area cleaning up? they always seem to have a lot of Twins stuff for sale.

Anyone get Blyleven on his Ginter card, was he moody signing.

If anyone took pics of the Locker room and behind the scene stuff at Target Field would be cool to see. Did Twins have a nice display of historic game used items to check out.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Was Ball Park Heroes in the game used area cleaning up? they always seem to have a lot of Twins stuff for sale.

Anyone get Blyleven on his Ginter card, was he moody signing.

If anyone took pics of the Locker room and behind the scene stuff at Target Field would be cool to see. Did Twins have a nice display of historic game used items to check out.
tons of historic items out, but Im guess most people walked right by them all
Bert is 35, anyone that paid that for a ginter is beyond nuts :lol:
I might get a behind the scenes look tomorrow. If so, ill take some pics to post.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
tons of historic items out, but Im guess most people walked right by them all
Bert is 35, anyone that paid that for a ginter is beyond nuts :lol:
I might get a behind the scenes look tomorrow. If so, ill take some pics to post.

If you're talking about the clubhouse I went in for a quick 5 minutes last night before I left and they are very strict on no pictures anywhere. Saw the clubhouse and Gardy's office.

byronscott4ever

Dec 3, 2009
If you're talking about the clubhouse I went in for a quick 5 minutes last night before I left and they are very strict on no pictures anywhere. Saw the clubhouse and Gardy's office.

I think they said the same thing back in the Dome when the Twins were there. Did they ever say why pictures weren't allowed?

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Geezus that's early! How many people are waiting the 3+ hours for him?

According to the trib article, they estimated more than 200 people were turned away yesterday, with lots saying they would be back today or tomorrow to try again. At 20 dollars a pop to get in this year, can't blame people for lining up 3+ hours when who else is there to get? Mauer is done for the day. If you paid, you sit and wait otherwise you get shut out.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I don't know if I'd go to TwinsFest again, if it'll be held at Target Field. Loved it at the Dome.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Well. Ready to share. Not going to give a blow by blow of the night, but there's a story with every picture. Did the Buxton line first, while my wife Janet went to the Mauer line. I probably could have went to Mauer after getting finished with Buxton (within about 20 minutes), but I didn't. So these were the two big priorities of the night.

This photo is one that my wife took before a playoff game against the Yankees. She cropped Rick Anderson out of it! Got Carl to sign it first awhile back, now Joe to complete it. Really pleased with how it turned out.

Also got Roy Smalley with Buxton. He signed this, that I already had Gaetti and Puckett sigs on (via eBay years ago.) I'll get Hrbek and Buno someday.

Other autos from the night...

Danny Santana, Kris Johnson, Michael Tonkin

Before we left, we bought one of these. We'll get it taken care of in the future.

Me and my friend Phil Hughes.

Yes, he did remember the time on the old Beckett Boards when I won a GU hat of his. For those who weren't around then, Phil used to be a part time lurker/poster on the Beckett Message Boards. But many people were skeptical it was really him. He put up a pic of him with his on-line handle on a sheet of paper, but thee were still doubters. He did a contest for a hat he wore in 2004, and I won it. I knew (guessed really, his trivia question of who was his first roomate in the minors--Estee Harris) For those who want to know, this is the hat...

I don't have it anymore. But it would have been cool if I did, and brought it with to show him.

Quick pic with Miguel Sano running about.

It was snowing all evening. Target Field was really beautiful in the snow.

But the find of the night for me was at the garage sale. Found a Brian Dinkleman jersey. There was Home white, Road grey and Alternative blue. I went with the home. Very happy to have it!

Overall, there were likes and dislikes about it being at TF instead of the Dome. The card show in the bunker was awful. Dark, cold, hard to take the time to look at things. I normally like to look through a dollar box or two, but really hard to do that this time. Very cool to get to wander around the place pretty freely, though. Would like to go again on Sunday, but we'll be in Hudson for my son's bowling team! Priorities! Hope everyone else has good luck getting what they need and has safe travels. Roads and winds are terrible!

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
GC I was next you when you were getting the jersey I had the fort Myers miracle hat on backwards both days

Members online

Latest posts