Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Uncut Sheets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I am thinking about buying some uncut sheets with the idea of getting them cut up. Has anyone ever done this and what type of place would I need to go to to get them cut properly?

thanks

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
If you are looking at cutting the sheets up for grading purposes you might want to think twice for a number of reasons.

1. The grading companies are pretty good at detecting sheet cut cards. Sure, a few get through here and there but many are rejected for this reason
2. In my experience cards from sheets are generally in lesser conditions as they have been stored rolled or stored in such a way that they were creased or showed spider creases in much of the sheets. Even
if stored flat it is not always easy to avoid these issues.
3. Buying uncut sheets is not the most cost effective way to get cards that are worth a darn to grade or have in high grade. If you can buy the sheets cheap enough it usually means there isn't much there to make a profit on.

Uncut sheets make a great display piece but if you are looking to turn a profit by cutting the cards up, well you are better off investing your money differently in my opinion.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Actually looking to cut up a sheet of misprint cards. Not interested in grading them at all. Just would rather have them be normal size rather than big sheets.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Well in that case there are many paper cutters that crafters such as my wife uses that will give you a quality cut on cardboard. They do tend to be smaller cutters and not the best for uncut sheets due to their size but they can work. I would check with your local printers and see if they will do it for you, especially commercial printers who have the cutters needed for bigger projects.

Members online

Latest posts