Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Upper Echelon - Free to a good home, but you must pay it forward - Read Post #1 FIRST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
I never called Chris out for not caring. I asked a question, didnt make a statement.
I asked why there wasnt more support from the mod staff.
Do we need them to run this thread? No
Would it be nice to see them participate more? XXXX YES
Do they care that this thread has over 2200 posts and has brought a bunch of guys together openly giving? I dont know.

My apologies to Chris if it seemed I was calling him out, it was not a call out about caring.
Jesus Christ I know he puts in a XXXX ton of work here, but you see him posting in BS threads all of the time and not in ones like this. Why not I ask?

No you didn't. You did not simply ask a question. You STATED that Gilmo should be involved and then asked why he hasn't. Big difference. It was very condescending.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
2) this thread should of had the backing of @cgilmo from the start, but I have yet to see him post in here, put stuff up, praise the thread, thank people, etc. Off the top of my head, A_Pharis and maybe one other mod are the only FCB staff to participate in this thread. I ask WHY is that? Why is staff not participating? Why isnt there a push to get others involved? Open giving like this builds up a community. Lack of participation and support by "staff" to me screams they dont care?

this is a direct and unedited quote

thejackaryman8

Sep 11, 2008
Mesa, Arizona
Upper Echelon --- Free To A Good Home --- Read Post 1 Before You Participate

2) this thread should of had the backing of @cgilmo from the start, but I have yet to see him post in here, put stuff up, praise the thread, thank people, etc. Off the top of my head, A_Pharis and maybe one other mod are the only FCB staff to participate in this thread. I ask WHY is that? Why is staff not participating? Why isnt there a push to get others involved? Open giving like this builds up a community. Lack of participation and support by "staff" to me screams they dont care?

My question to said quote is what's worse; to help build a community off acts of kindness or to possibly tear it apart with attacks and rants....

This is directed at no one, just my inner Buddha speaking.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008

Yet, you do not "Quote" the entire #2 of my post do you?
How about we "quote" the entire comment?

Thats how things get taken out of context, if you choose to not quote the entire paragraph, am I not correct in that assessment? By you stopping your "direct and unedited quote" comment right after "Lack of participation and support by "staff" to me screams they dont care?" makes it look to those that choose to not go back and read whats directly after that like I am attacking you. That is not the case. I asked a question, you can tell that by the question mark at the end of the sentence. Then I go on to make a suggestion that getting "some involvement by staff might pick up traffic, then again it might not." See a question, then a suggestive statement. Not an attack. Take it however you want though, Im done arguing back and forth.

"2) this thread should of had the backing of @cgilmo from the start, but I have yet to see him post in here, put stuff up, praise the thread, thank people, etc. Off the top of my head, A_Pharis and maybe one other mod are the only FCB staff to participate in this thread. I ask WHY is that? Why is staff not participating? Why isnt there a push to get others involved? Open giving like this builds up a community. Lack of participation and support by "staff" to me screams they dont care? All you hear about is this site needs traffic traffic traffic. Well, get some involvement by staff and maybe traffic will pick up. Then again, maybe it wont, I really dont know, just speaking out loud here. What I do know is if the dozen or so active participants dont keep trading back and forth, or lots of new blood gets in here quickly, this thread is gonna be dead before the end of the month."

That sir is a "direct and unedited quote"

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I feel its the members of FCB that make this such a great place along with making this a great thread. I do think it would be great to have the backing & support of cgilmo on what I consider to be the best thing going on FCB, but we have made it this far without him in the thread so I say we push past all this drama & keep it rolling. We have had some great action again the past few days so lets keep it going.

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
CG is trying to run a forum and B+M shop at the same time. Doing 1 is hard enough but 2 makes you insanely busy I would imagine. He cant be everywhere IMO.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
CG is trying to run a forum and B+M shop at the same time. Doing 1 is hard enough but 2 makes you insanely busy I would imagine. He cant be everywhere IMO.

yeah but this thread has been going for a couple months now, no reason he couldn't have jumped in and participated or at least gave the thread some praise. He seemed to have no problem finding it to come in & defend himself & stir the pot.
I don't think anyone is doubting his effort to keeping the site going strong or saying hes not a busy man, but I would think he would want to be part of one of the best threads going on the site.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Re: Upper Echelon --- Free To A Good Home --- Read Post 1 Before You Participate

The fact is the certain threads are promoted to boost traffic and this was not one of them.

Regardless, this thread speaks volumes about the members...and that's why we're here.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012

This, the MT and the low end are pretty much the only threads I visit daily on here. Great people on here and that's what's good about this site

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
The fact is the certain threads are promoted to boost traffic and this was not one of them.

Regardless, this thread speaks volumes about the members...and that's why we're here.

I agree with the bolded, so I decided I will stay on board in this thread and continue to help out the good people.
Did I get worked up before? I sure as XXXX did.
Did I go over the top a bit? Yup but my reaction was solely based off of Mr G's post, Ive now moved on.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States

This is a member run thread.

It's better that way. I didn't actively choose to not promote the thread, it's just not something I want to be personally involved in. I think it's great that people want to do stuff like this. I think it's the reason this site is good. The members are the site, I get that. But just because I don't participate does not mean that I'm apathetic too it.

I promote threads that do two things, #1 threads that are hot topic issues #2 threads that have ebay links featured.

This is something a member finds out about as they integrate with the community. I'm not necessarily sure that you want new people knowing about this as it might get abused.

WNP22

Aug 17, 2009
Memphis

Wow, that escalated quickly. Deep breath, everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts