Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

very very sad part 2 yet another ****** bag sports writer!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
jbhofmann said:
chashawk said:
jbhofmann said:
Again, was any player in the 90's ever suspended for steroid use?
There was not testing at that time, so unless they were caught injecting it into their ass, there couldn't have been a suspension. It was still against the rules of Baseball.

A memo circulated in 1991 by baseball commissioner Fay Vincent said, "The possession, sale or use of any illegal drug or controlled substance by Major League players and personnel is strictly prohibited ... [and those players involved] are subject to discipline by the Commissioner and risk permanent expulsion from the game.... This prohibition applies to all illegal drugs and controlled substances, including steroids

These threads always remind me of trying to have a conversation with my toddler.

Yes, it must be similar to conversing with your toddler. All those threats, but no follow through. We've seen illicit drugs used in the game and players were given multiple chances to return. Why would players deem it necessary to follow the rules set by their "parents", if nothing was going to happen to them? Why should your toddler stop sucking his/her thumb if you don't enforce it?

Your honor, I rest my case.

Well then, it really wouldn't be against the rules, would it? What if I never saw my toddler suck his thumb? What if he admitted sucking a finger, but wasn't sure which one, and I had only forbidden the thumb? Should I still punish him?

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
predatorkj said:
jbhofmann said:
chashawk said:
jbhofmann said:
Again, was any player in the 90's ever suspended for steroid use?
There was not testing at that time, so unless they were caught injecting it into their ass, there couldn't have been a suspension. It was still against the rules of Baseball.

A memo circulated in 1991 by baseball commissioner Fay Vincent said, "The possession, sale or use of any illegal drug or controlled substance by Major League players and personnel is strictly prohibited ... [and those players involved] are subject to discipline by the Commissioner and risk permanent expulsion from the game.... This prohibition applies to all illegal drugs and controlled substances, including steroids

These threads always remind me of trying to have a conversation with my toddler.

Yes, it must be similar to conversing with your toddler. All those threats, but no follow through. We've seen illicit drugs used in the game and players were given multiple chances to return. Why would players deem it necessary to follow the rules set by their "parents", if nothing was going to happen to them? Why should your toddler stop sucking his/her thumb if you don't enforce it?

Your honor, I rest my case.

Whether you receive a penalty...its still against the rules. There is no way to argue that. Sorry friend.

And my point is that we have no way of evenly and justly applying said rule retroactively. I admit that those who took something listed on the DEA's anabolic steroid list (which only recently added Andro) and did so without a prescription (a la Manny) in the years of 1991-2004, broke the rule. We agree on that.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
My point is at what point is cheating, cheating?

Stealing signs.
Doctoring balls.
Corking bats.
Relaying signs to batters.
Yelling "I got it" AROD style.
Steroids.

If something isn't enforced, it shows that it's just not that important.

Members online