Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage and hall of fame patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Oh sorry, I guess I thought you had some insight since you questioned the Gehrig being legit.

No special insight. My guess is the other 2010 triple threads 1/1 would be prime. I know the /3 triple threads are not prime. But 2010-2012 topps tribute has fake Kell prime pieces.

Would love to see other triple threads prime pieces

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
No special insight. My guess is the other 2010 triple threads 1/1 would be prime. I know the /3 triple threads are not prime. But 2010-2012 topps tribute has fake Kell prime pieces.

Would love to see other triple threads prime pieces

And all the kell prime pieces have small amount of stitching like the wood 1/1. The reason why there are not many Kell prime is because the stitching you see on the 1/1 is Kell pants not jersey. Much less prime on pants than on a jersey. I think the main reason the Gehrig is being questioned is be cause the amount of prime used on a card numbered /3 when it's super rare player like Gehrig. I retrospect the Kell is also very rare but the cost of buying Kell pants vs Gehrig pants is a huge gap.

wantedcardboard

Mar 2, 2015
christensen............the 2003 upper deck joe dimaggio logo patch card.......what patch is that from? It almost looks like a patch mel ott should have......Also your roger maris 04 classics legendary jersey patch card......what patch is that from?

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
christensen............the 2003 upper deck joe dimaggio logo patch card.......what patch is that from? It almost looks like a patch mel ott should have......Also your roger maris 04 classics legendary jersey patch card......what patch is that from?

The 2003 dimaggio is from a 1951 Yankee home pinstripe jersey I believe. The 1951 jerseys had a Sleeve patch on them. It's from that sleeve patch. The maris is from the logo patch on his athletics jetsey I believe.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Paging Tony @mlballtimegreats - 2015 Panini Diamond Kings Carl Yastrzemski Size Tag Patch 1 1 | eBay

$_57.JPG

wantedcardboard

Mar 2, 2015
Christensen---- U will have to post a pic of the classics maris patch by itself! That patch is extremely rare!! Love it!!----------I have one more question for you. Do you know what jersey panini used for rogers hornsby patch cards? The patch isnt wool, so its throwing me off a bit.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Christensen---- U will have to post a pic of the classics maris patch by itself! That patch is extremely rare!! Love it!!----------I have one more question for you. Do you know what jersey panini used for rogers hornsby patch cards? The patch isnt wool, so its throwing me off a bit.

Will post a pic when I get a chance. Think the hornsby jersey is from when he was a coach in the early 50's. Either with the st Louis browns or cincinatti reds.

Think mlbsalltimegreats knows forsure what team it's from? Am I correct? Someone help me if I'm wrong

wantedcardboard

Mar 2, 2015
^^^ Damn! I knew I should have researched it before buying......I got a hornsby 2015 diamond kings framed mini patch 1/1.....Just not too enthused by it being a managers patch.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Will post a pic when I get a chance. Think the hornsby jersey is from when he was a coach in the early 50's. Either with the st Louis browns or cincinatti reds.

Think mlbsalltimegreats knows forsure what team it's from? Am I correct? Someone help me if I'm wrong

^^^ Damn! I knew I should have researched it before buying......I got a hornsby 2015 diamond kings framed mini patch 1/1.....Just not too enthused by it being a managers patch.

A Hornsby Reds Manager jersey was purchased at auction in 2011. I wonder if this is the one that Panini purchased and is using for his prime pieces. Looking at the number 50 on the back, this seems to be the same type of jersey (not sure if this was the exact one) that might be used. Also, if you do a search on National Treasures Hornsby buttons, the button shape and color also looks to be the same as well (I could EASILY be wrong though :) )

Here is the auction: Hunt Auctions, LLC

Here are a couple of photos from it as well:

457.jpg

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Thanks again for the research and info! Looks pretty good to me. As far as hornsby goes, he most likely will never have true gamers from a player used in cards because his cardinals gamers are incredibly rare. So using a coaches jersey doesn't bother me, I have bought a couple and will buy a few more in the future I'm sure

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
A Hornsby Reds Manager jersey was purchased at auction in 2011. I wonder if this is the one that Panini purchased and is using for his prime pieces. Looking at the number 50 on the back, this seems to be the same type of jersey (not sure if this was the exact one) that might be used. Also, if you do a search on National Treasures Hornsby buttons, the button shape and color also looks to be the same as well (I could EASILY be wrong though :) )

Here is the auction: Hunt Auctions, LLC

Here are a couple of photos from it as well:

457.jpg

Yes that is it and what Christensen said is correct, this is gonna be as good as it gets for Hornsby and infact we may not even see another managers jersey cut up

Here is the confirmation

Members online

Latest posts