Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage and hall of fame patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I was comfortable with both prices. Bonds cards go for crazy money since he doesn't have many, so I was a bit suprised I landed the barrel for 700. If national treasures bonds sold for 1500 and mine for 1200 then I got a deal! I like itg cards, they don't bother me one bit

I wasn't implying you overpaid for either , just surprised you felt you overpaid on the Barrel. Anyway , some if the Bonds stuff you have is nasty. I totally forgot Fleer did Letterman items like that, looks nice !

Ran

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
I wasn't implying you overpaid for either , just surprised you felt you overpaid on the Barrel. Anyway , some if the Bonds stuff you have is nasty. I totally forgot Fleer did Letterman items like that, looks nice !

Ran

i originally though 700 was high because it isn't his nameplate. But then I realized he doesn't have really any barrels and the slugger portion is pretty dang sweet. So 700 I suppose is reasonable. Knob is sweet because bonds most likely wrote his number on it :)

i I love those fleer cards! Would love to see his other letters...if there are any?

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
i originally though 700 was high because it isn't his nameplate. But then I realized he doesn't have really any barrels and the slugger portion is pretty dang sweet. So 700 I suppose is reasonable. Knob is sweet because bonds most likely wrote his number on it :)

i I love those fleer cards! Would love to see his other letters...if there are any?

Ah , I assumed Barrel = Name Plate , but I see the one you got. Still cool looking !

Ryan

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Plus when I was offered 700 on the barrel I couldn't pass it up because it most likely is from the same bat as my knob

Yeah no doubt , cool link. The rest of it must be out there somewhere.

Do you consider the Auto on a Barrel the same as a nameplate ? If you k ow what I'm referring to ?

Ryan

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Yeah no doubt , cool link. The rest of it must be out there somewhere.

Do you consider the Auto on a Barrel the same as a nameplate ? If you k ow what I'm referring to ?

Ryan

I do not consider that nameplate.
my oponion on bats is:
#1 the engraved name of the player On the barrel
#2 bat knob with number marking on it
#2 barrel with Louisville or slugger or some big engraving
#3 plain bat knob
#4 barrel that has a auto on it

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I do not consider that nameplate.
my oponion on bats is:
#1 the engraved name of the player On the barrel
#2 bat knob with number marking on it
#2 barrel with Louisville or slugger or some big engraving
#3 plain bat knob
#4 barrel that has a auto on it

Basically agree 100%, just saw that HK and I think Topps went out on a limb to actually call that a Nameplate

Ryan

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008

Ran

In terms of bonds he dint over pay but interms of ITG card he did. ITG doesn't get the respect it deserves in terms of sale value, I have a Handful of ITG stuff that has sold for half or less than the amount a topps or even panini card that was similar. I'll put it to ya like this, there was his offer and 2 others, my topp offer was 400 and the other offer was 375 had he waited it out or played hardball he could have grabbed it for 500. It seems like it would be worth more but as I said above ITG just doesn't get the respect it deserves. Also I have owned one of their bat barrels and they are the thinnest bat barrels cards I have ever owned, they really sliced the barrel as close to the outside of the bat as they could. Now the knobs are different those are thick.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
If it was nameplate 700 wouldn't touch it ha. I've never seen a bonds barrel nameplate? have you? Or anyone?

Another reason I want the slugger barrel...cuz I've never seen another barrel ha

All I know is that the NT has been pulled according to the list I check to see if the Will Clark Barrel and Knob has been pulled yet(which as of now neither of those had been). So supposedly somewhere out there the NT Barrel is live

Ryan

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
All I know is that the NT has been pulled according to the list I check to see if the Will Clark Barrel and Knob has been pulled yet(which as of now neither of those had been). So supposedly somewhere out there the NT Barrel is live

Ryan

Would love to have a shot at landing the bonds national treasures. What list are you looking at? Is it a public list?

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
^ Awesome cards Ryan! Love that Jackson logo, seen similar patches come out of Ultimate so we know it's legit.

On another note it seems like someone wants a war on that celeb cuts Gehrig ;). I put in a feeler bid of $695 as a placeholder to make sure I didn't miss it and with like 5 or 6 days to go I've already been outbid. I'm going to push forward, but I can't justify going a whole lot higher given what the previous 2-3 sold for...

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
^ Awesome cards Ryan! Love that Jackson logo, seen similar patches come out of Ultimate so we know it's legit.

On another note it seems like someone wants a war on that celeb cuts Gehrig ;). I put in a feeler bid of $695 as a placeholder to make sure I didn't miss it and with like 5 or 6 days to go I've already been outbid. I'm going to push forward, but I can't justify going a whole lot higher given what the previous 2-3 sold for...

Thanks ! Yeah I have seen 2 other Jackson's with the other parts of the Elephant, so I feel good about it. Though if anyone else feels otherwise , please share as I'd like to know. If its good as I think it is , it's one of my favorite parts of a patch I have. The Yount , I actually had forgot I set a snipe , it's one that's just eh to me overall esp since the patch is upside down. I believe it's the bottom of the U/K in Milwaukee. I'll try n upgrade someday. The Gomez may be the oldest Jersey part I own.

Ryan

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Thanks ! Yeah I have seen 2 other Jackson's with the other parts of the Elephant, so I feel good about it. Though if anyone else feels otherwise , please share as I'd like to know. If its good as I think it is , it's one of my favorite parts of a patch I have. The Yount , I actually had forgot I set a snipe , it's one that's just eh to me overall esp since the patch is upside down. I believe it's the bottom of the U/K in Milwaukee. I'll try n upgrade someday. The Gomez may be the oldest Jersey part I own.

Ryan

I thought the jackson jersey used in this set is from 1987, his last year in the big leagues. Don't know if that helps any. I have also seen other elephant patches too. I know the athletics had them on there jerseys in 1989, but I can't say about 1987.

The Gomez button is awesome! I want a patch from it but so far the only patch I see is a dual with a plain herb pen**** swatch also and I'm not interested in that one

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
I love that bat knob, that is sweet, I also love the HR 73 autos and I actually want one but they don't pop up often and that 6pc which again I want, lol, is drool worthy.

The sterling home run 73 may be my favorite card. Think it cost me around 500 also. Would love to see the 1/1 prime version....who knows what that would cost 1500?

Members online