Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage SCDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crash Davis

Aug 19, 2008
If anyone wants to take a trip down memory lane, and vomit while you're at it, try picking up some vintage issues of Sports Collectors Digest (SCD). You can find some on eBay, or at shows, on occassion.

A friend of mine gave me a stack dating back to the early-1970s, including the second issue, and it just made me sick:)

Wish that I was born five years earlier!

T206 commons for less than a buck per. HOFers for under $20. Ty Cobb cut signature - $35. The list goes on and on.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Crash Davis said:
If anyone wants to take a trip down memory lane, and vomit while you're at it, try picking up some vintage issues of Sports Collectors Digest (SCD). You can find some on eBay, or at shows, on occassion.

A friend of mine gave me a stack dating back to the early-1970s, including the second issue, and it just made me sick:)

Wish that I was born five years earlier!

T206 commons for less than a buck per. HOFers for under $20. Ty Cobb cut signature - $35. The list goes on and on.

Keep in mind there wasn't a huge base as far as judging the value of cards. Nothing like an ebay type tool, and cards really weren't kept as collectables until the mid-late 70's. Before that, many people hadn't thought twice about protecting the cards, thats why 85% of the cards pre 1975 are in NM condition or less. Back in the early 70's they didn't have a strong way of guageing a price on a specific item, and gaugeing a certiain pieces rarity.