Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Walter Payton auto on football

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
A guy in my neighborhood found out I have some sports collectible knowledge and asked me about the auto he has. He acquired it at a work conference where Walter Payton was speaking and apparently gave away a couple autographed balls. He was lucky enough to get one.

I think he wanted my opinion because he wants to sell it. How does it look? It looked good to me and knowing the guy, I trust the story.

Do I help him get it authenicated? Does it look worth sending to Beckett?

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpg
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 9

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
A guy in my neighborhood found out I have some sports collectible knowledge and asked me about the auto he has. He acquired it at a work conference where Walter Payton was speaking and apparently gave away a couple autographed balls. He was lucky enough to get one.

I think he wanted my opinion because he wants to sell it. How does it look? It looked good to me and knowing the guy, I trust the story.

Do I help him get it authenicated? Does it look worth sending to Beckett?

Thanks for any help.

Walter Payton was one of my favorite players to watch and I think he's the best running back of all-time personally.
Having said that I've had a lot of his RC's and autographs through the years and still have a few.

Honestly it looks 110% legitimate to me. I think it's absolutely worth sending it to Beckett, or JSA or PSA for that matter. I have no doubt about it's authenticity.

Hope this helps.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
Walter Payton was one of my favorite players to watch and I think he's the best running back of all-time personally.
Having said that I've had a lot of his RC's and autographs through the years and still have a few.

Honestly it looks 110% legitimate to me. I think it's absolutely worth sending it to Beckett, or JSA or PSA for that matter. I have no doubt about it's authenticity.

Hope this helps.
Thanks a ton. The guy with the ball is very reliable. Living in DFW, I might just hand deliver it to Beckett

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
I’d either walk him through how to send it or see if there is a local opportunity with JSA or PSA in town. JSA swings by the local store here once or twice a year and is also at local shows here 2-3 times a year.

I don’t know enough to comment on legitimacy, but the signature is in great shape for being 20+ years old

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
i had forgot there was a Payton autoed jersey at LCS . So a few days ago i was standing beside rack and a customer came by me in a hurry - knowing it was there and almost pushed me away ---under $100 -- said he had it sold for $500 .

Members online

Latest posts