Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

We are Giving Away 100 Boxes for Free starting July 15th

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCCTradingCards

May 28, 2014
McKeesport PA
Hey guys. Glad some of you all won. Here is a link to the videos thus far.

https://www.youtube.com/user/SteelCityBreakRoom/search?query=100+box+giveaway

Still have 30 more boxes to rip. 10am & 2pm EST on Breakers.TV/steelcitybreakroom Thursday, Friday & Monday with 5 boxes during each time slot if anyone wants to watch them break live.

Among the highlights we've pulled and sent to the lucky winners.

Michael Jordan/Magic Johnson Dual Autograph from the Exquisite Box (also had a Mourning Patch Auto /10)
Mario Lemieux Game Used Stick Auto in The Cup
Kyrie Irving RC Autograph from Panini Basketball
Sara Jean Underwood Kiss Card from Benchwarmers Signature Series
Kevin Love Autograph from Past & Present
Stan Lee Autograph from UD Marvel Beginnings III
Alonzo Mourning RC Patch Auto /10 from Limited Basketball
Paul Hornung Mini Helmet Autograph from TriStar Mini Helmet FB

Whole bunch of other cool stuff. Thanks to everyone who participated!

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
Hey guys. Glad some of you all won. Here is a link to the videos thus far.

https://www.youtube.com/user/SteelCityBreakRoom/search?query=100+box+giveaway

Still have 30 more boxes to rip. 10am & 2pm EST on Breakers.TV/steelcitybreakroom Thursday, Friday & Monday with 5 boxes during each time slot if anyone wants to watch them break live.

Among the highlights we've pulled and sent to the lucky winners.

Michael Jordan/Magic Johnson Dual Autograph from the Exquisite Box (also had a Mourning Patch Auto /10)
Mario Lemieux Game Used Stick Auto in The Cup
Kyrie Irving RC Autograph from Panini Basketball
Sara Jean Underwood Kiss Card from Benchwarmers Signature Series
Kevin Love Autograph from Past & Present
Stan Lee Autograph from UD Marvel Beginnings III
Alonzo Mourning RC Patch Auto /10 from Limited Basketball
Paul Hornung Mini Helmet Autograph from TriStar Mini Helmet FB

Whole bunch of other cool stuff. Thanks to everyone who participated!

I didn't win but your ripping all the boxes? So the winners don't have a choice to just have them shipped to them?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I didn't win but your ripping all the boxes? So the winners don't have a choice to just have them shipped to them?
That's what it sounds like. I'm sure ripping 100 boxes is a type of promotion in itself on the breakers.tv or whatever. Can't blame them for layering in multiple ways to promote the site, name, product, etc.

Anyways, thanks for the chance.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008

that's what I've always thought since I found out about the contest. It seems SCC is joining everyone and their mother in getting into the box break business and this contest is their way to mine data to send emails to everyone who entered when they are getting ready to rip a box and need customers to buy a slot or a few.

I would rather just continue to buy factory sealed boxes from them occasionally when they happen to have a good price on what I'm looking for.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I understand these boxes were giving away and free but in general, I like opening my own product, period. Unless I'm getting some perk to open in a box break or on a camera, etc. I'd like to just do it myself and in my own company. Maybe it's because I collected back in the '90s when I use to buy packs and cared what cards were pulled and I'd keep everything I pulled (unless a buddy wanted to trade) and file them away by team, etc. For me, part of the fun is opening up the product. I can see that day is long gone but whatever... I enjoy watching other people bust their product online ;)

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
I understand these boxes were giving away and free but in general, I like opening my own product, period. Unless I'm getting some perk to open in a box break or on a camera, etc. I'd like to just do it myself and in my own company. Maybe it's because I collected back in the '90s when I use to buy packs and cared what cards were pulled and I'd keep everything I pulled (unless a buddy wanted to trade) and file them away by team, etc. For me, part of the fun is opening up the product. I can see that day is long gone but whatever... I enjoy watching other people bust their product online ;)

Agree. Or at least have the option to sell the un opened product if it was something I wasn't a fan of.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Agree. Or at least have the option to sell the un opened product if it was something I wasn't a fan of.
O for sure, that too. In this scenario, I only would of wanted something Baseball. Anything else and I would of given it away as a present to a friend or even sold it, exactly. Obviously you could of won a box with this giveaway but really it was you get the insides of a box ;)

Okay I'm being way way way too harsh. I think these guys did a nice thing and gave away some nice boxes and from the sounds of it, some amazing hits have been "hit" so far.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
O for sure, that too. In this scenario, I only would of wanted something Baseball. Anything else and I would of given it away as a present to a friend or even sold it, exactly. Obviously you could of won a box with this giveaway but really it was you get the insides of a box ;)

Okay I'm being way way way too harsh. I think these guys did a nice thing and gave away some nice boxes and from the sounds of it, some amazing hits have been "hit" so far.

True. I looked at that hit list and it has some BIG hits!

Members online

Latest posts