Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*****WEDNSEDAY MORNING THREAD*****3/30

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Morning all. Bennett woke up at 3:30 this morning, which then woke Jerrod up too. Needless to say, Jayme and I are running on fumes today. We both got a little bit of sleep afterwards, but I don't know what it is about toddlers, but Bennett didn't go back to sleep and was not acting tired at all this morning.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Forgot to mention, I'm going out of town to get some supplies for my basement remodel tonight as well. Needing some drywall, 2x4s, new lights, wire, and a few other things that I'm already forgetting lol.

But this is where I need some help in deciding. We are putting new display cases in, and I can't decide if I want to go with 14 inch deep shelves or 24 inch deep shelves. 14 inch shelves would be glass, where as the 24 inch would be wood, but I'd put LED lights underneath each shelf. At the same time, 24 seems too deep, and 14 just a hair too short. Ideally, I'd like it to be 18-20 deep, but that's not an option for me. I'd be displaying my bobbleheads, HOF autos, Twins cards, and other miscellaneous Twins and baseball memorabilia in these display cases as well. And to put it in perspective, I have around 150 bobbleheads/statues, with most of those being Twins stadium giveaways, and there are more put out every year

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Forgot to mention, I'm going out of town to get some supplies for my basement remodel tonight as well. Needing some drywall, 2x4s, new lights, wire, and a few other things that I'm already forgetting lol.

But this is where I need some help in deciding. We are putting new display cases in, and I can't decide if I want to go with 14 inch deep shelves or 24 inch deep shelves. 14 inch shelves would be glass, where as the 24 inch would be wood, but I'd put LED lights underneath each shelf. At the same time, 24 seems too deep, and 14 just a hair too short. Ideally, I'd like it to be 18-20 deep, but that's not an option for me. I'd be displaying my bobbleheads, HOF autos, Twins cards, and other miscellaneous Twins and baseball memorabilia in these display cases as well. And to put it in perspective, I have around 150 bobbleheads/statues, with most of those being Twins stadium giveaways, and there are more put out every year
Go narrow, unless you think you can adjust your items on the shelves height wise, with tall in back, and still see them adequately.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Morning, all! Been on hiatus for a bit.
Requested a COMC shipment a week ago; it's currently in "picking" phase and says it should ship about 4/19...we shall see. But I'm excited about this one - it's loaded with cards to complete a couple of sets I've been working for years. (2018 Bowman and 1993 Finest!)

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Go narrow, unless you think you can adjust your items on the shelves height wise, with tall in back, and still see them adequately.
That's where I'm leaning. I really wish 18 inches was an option. at 14 inches, which is the same depth as my old display cases, I could get 4 rows of bobbleheads in there, but I should be able to go wider, width wise with these ones too. If I have it my way, which I won't know for sure until I move the wall this weekend and get an exact measurement of room, I'll be upgrading from 16 inches wide to hopefully 30 inches, plus, I'll gain an extra shelf or 2 on each of the new cabinets.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly

Glass everytime IMO.

More expensive, harder to find and move in but overall it looks SO much better.

I used to run a LCS featuring huge in-wall displays and stand alone cases. Used glass in both and the results were outstanding.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Morning, all! Been on hiatus for a bit.
Requested a COMC shipment a week ago; it's currently in "picking" phase and says it should ship about 4/19...we shall see. But I'm excited about this one - it's loaded with cards to complete a couple of sets I've been working for years. (2018 Bowman and 1993 Finest!)
Jealous of the 1993 complete set.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Glass everytime IMO.

More expensive, harder to find and move in but overall it looks SO much better.

I used to run a LCS featuring huge in-wall displays and stand alone cases. Used glass in both and the results were outstanding.
Yeah, and if I'm doubling the width of each display case, and going taller, I think I'll be okay with the 14 inch depth, which is what I previously had anyways. My problem is, I'm always "bigger is better" and worried I'll run out of room, but I think the shallower cabinet will be fine if I really am able to double up the width in the end.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Jealous of the 1993 complete set.
I'd saved allowance and mowing money back in 93 or 94 and bought a box thinking for SURE I'd hit the Thomas refractor (it was John Franco). The collation on these boxes is excellent, so I decided to build the set. It used to be a lot harder to find singles/commons before ebay, COMC, Sportlots, etc, so it sat for a long time until a few years ago. Soon it'll come full circle!

Members online

Latest posts