Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Weekly Pickup Thread (3/12 - 3/18)...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK11

May 24, 2010
Didn't see one for this week, so here we go:

longoriaMarqueeMuseumCollectionAuto.jpg

marisnickBChromeSuperfractor.jpg

The Marisnick is nice since there is no auto version to compete with it. As for the Longo, I bought one to replace the smeared one I got from Topps.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Love the Jake Marisnik, but Had it valued in the $350 range. I personally thought $600 was WAY too high for that card. I hope it does well for you.

skrip

AK11

May 24, 2010
ballerskrip said:
Love the Jake Marisnik, but Had it valued in the $350 range. I personally thought $600 was WAY too high for that card. I hope it does well for you.

skrip

2 reasons figured into the buy it now I clicked. First, it's his first chrome and no auto chrome yet and he's arguably the best base chrome in the set. Second, there was 8 offers in the first 3 hours before I saw it and at least 3 were pending at the time. Sure, it's high risk, but I did not own a superfractor prospect card currently, so I felt the need for one in the pc. Sometimes we overpay on an impulse to buy things for the ever growing collection.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
AK11 said:
ballerskrip said:

skrip

2 reasons figured into the buy it now I clicked. First, it's his first chrome and no auto chrome yet and he's arguably the best base chrome in the set. Second, there was 8 offers in the first 3 hours before I saw it and at least 3 were pending at the time. Sure, it's high risk, but I did not own a superfractor prospect card currently, so I felt the need for one in the pc. Sometimes we overpay on an impulse to buy things for the ever growing collection.

Could turn out to be steal, just never know. I like him as a prospect as well. All of your reasoning makes sense. But I would bet that most of those offers were under $300. Just my guess. THe bottom line is you got a great card of a very good prospect. I wish you luck brotha. Can you tell I am bitter that I wasn't able to work a deal before you hit the BIN?

Weatherwarrior

Aug 7, 2008
NE Georgia
Picked up these for the PC

Black /60
beachyblack60.jpg

Hope /60
beachyhope.jpg

Factory Red /245
beachyred.jpg

25/25 On card Auto
beachytributeorange.jpg

Black Ref /62
beachyblackref.jpg

Ref /562
beachyref.jpg

Also Snagged An Adrian houser Emerald status auto 7/25

Spent about $105 total dlvd

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
2012 Topps Tribute Carlos Gonzalez Orange Autograph /25

Not much too show because it is a redemption :(

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
Doesn't mean much to anyone but me; '05 is my favorite BC design, plus a Rockie in the autograph checklist. I hope I can get that super one day. If anyone is the owner of the Topps Chrome superfractor on Photobucket, please let me know.

Gold /50

2005BowmanChromeJakePostlewaitGoldAutoof50.jpg

trolea1234

Aug 7, 2008
I picked up a HUGE card for me. Most I've ever spent on a card. I will post pic when it gets here.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
With these three 2001 Fabric of the game cards, I am down to two cards remaining to complete the set... Nomo and RUTH!

2001FOGPark.jpg

2001FOGPuckett.jpg

2001FOGRizzutto.jpg

With these four, I am down to 14 cards left in this 200 cards set with one more inbound... the Munson is actually an upgrade over a plain gray jersey swatch. Couldn't resist for the price! :)

2004FOGBanks.jpg

2004FOGEckersley.jpg

2004FOGMunson2.jpg

2004FOGWilliamsTJsy.jpg

TopOffLikeWALLACE

Feb 11, 2010
HouStros
A very dirty ball, on the back says the game the ball was used in. Helton had 1 hit and scored 2 runs. Man cards used to be cool, and companies put effort into their products.
helton.jpg

Any ideas on value?
mirrorimages.png

best.jpg

mccurdy.jpg

Members online

Latest posts