Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Weiters coming up Friday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigalexx

Aug 7, 2008
El Segundo, CA
Re: Wieters gonna be called up Friday

ThoseBackPages said:
Which UD product will be the first to have his Orioles RC in it?
According to Brian Gray, UD can't make a Wieters card for another year. Unless of course UD strikes a deal with Razor.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL

bigalexx said:
ThoseBackPages said:
According to Brian Gray, UD can't make a Wieters card for another year. Unless of course UD strikes a deal with Razor.

or if Razor=UD

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD

Reimold and now Wieters.

When does Brandon Snyder get the call!?

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland

I will scan my Wieters collection tomorrow at work (early in the morning). Might sell a Blue or two (#ed to /50 Auto)...

Very happy to hear this.

I have already ordered O's tickets a couple months before the O's season. What a coindence!!! ;)

allstars

Mar 17, 2009

bigalexx said:
ThoseBackPages said:

UD & Topps have had a way around these situations for years.

It's called the Rookie Redemption Card. Love it or hate it, it's here to stay :)

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK

Can UD or Topps create a Wieters Rookie Redemption card for one of this year's products, only to wait until next May sometime to fulfill the redemptions? The cards would not be release to the public until one year after his debut, yet still be considered a 09 Rookie Card. Can they do something like this, and not get into any sort of legal trouble?

Bonds73

Aug 7, 2008
Dang - I got my topic up first and got 0 responses - the 2nd one got over 25 responses.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008

It is my understanding that...

Upper Deck will not have to wait to release a Wieters rookie card, Topps however will. Upper Deck's license is with the MLBPA which includes Wieters. Topps has individual licenses with the players, and this will be the first true test of that exclusive clause with an MLB player.

To release autographs, Upper Deck will need to acquire those rights from Razor. Of course, Upper Deck may have a stash of old USA autograph sheets that they could use without paying a dime to Razor.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008

So does this mean that SPX can have Wieters as one of the redemptions as an auto?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008

UPDATE: Apparently due to the MLBPA rules, Upper Deck cannot release an autograph of a player unless he is under contract with them. Therefore it looks like Upper Deck's only road to Wieters signatures starts and ends with Razor.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009

gonzagacubs said:
Can UD or Topps create a Wieters Rookie Redemption card for one of this year's products, only to wait until next May sometime to fulfill the redemptions?

They can indeed. It takes no contract or permission from anybody to make a redemption card. This year's cards will be coming out until roughly March of 2010. It won't be like they're making 2009 cards in May of 2010, lol ;-)

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York

200lbhockeyplayer said:
UPDATE: Apparently due to the MLBPA rules, Upper Deck cannot release an autograph of a player unless he is under contract with them. Therefore it looks like Upper Deck's only road to Wieters signatures starts and ends with Razor.

I dont care if it's a sticker auto or no auto, as long as he's in an O's uniform, thats good enough.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008

Keep your greedy paws off my Wieter.... ;)

ThoseBackPages said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

I dont care if it's a sticker auto or no auto, as long as he's in an O's uniform, thats good enough.

Members online

Latest posts