Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Were Razor Sports Icons authenticated?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
Wow. "hey yeah we effed up its not an autograph feel free to send it it back to us yadda yadda yadda." Mistakes like this should not happen. It was not the first time you packed out an unauthentic auto, and this is beyoynd a joke. Actually the joke about wanting Angie's auto is pretty funny. As for UD i dont know if many of you have seen the crazy HOF class of 36 that had Ruth Cobb Mathewson Johnson + that was never released in packs. That was what the guy recieved from UD from buying the quad cut that had a fake Ruth and Johnson. The i dot wanted like a freakin million dollars for it on the bay. It was a booklet card with 5 cuts i think.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
razorent said:
Hi, Guys.... All cuts are authenticated BEFORE cards are built. In this case, it appears the cut was too large for the window and somehow the note was built into the card. We always replace and stand behind these sorts of errors.
My apologies and feel free to return for replacement plus a nice free gift for the inconvenience.
BG

No worries BG, I think we all had a good laugh at this mistake. Mistakes happen, and everyone seems to understand that. I'm sure no explaination is necessary. But I will ask...

Can the owner of the card keep it? And still get the replacement and free gift? I think it's a unique piece that highlights internal usage, and is somewhat of a conversation piece. I know I would like to hold on to it if I could.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Sean_C said:
How does an error like this exist in the first place? The card was assembled, submitted for slabbing, returned, and packed out without anyone noticing it? I'm willing to cut the BGS guys a slight bit of slack (not much) as they were just slabbing whatever was sent to them. But the fact that something like this was able to be packed out by Razor speaks volumes.

Who were the cuts used in the product authenticated by, and was the authenticator(s) identified on the product at all? If not, why not?

razorent said:
Hi, Guys.... All cuts are authenticated BEFORE cards are built. In this case, it appears the cut was too large for the window and somehow the note was built into the card. We always replace and stand behind these sorts of errors.
My apologies and feel free to return for replacement plus a nice free gift for the inconvenience.
BG

All were authenticated by PSA or JSA. Because we use both, it is impossible to use a universal slab except the way we do it.
Clearly, the cut was authenticated but too big for the window. Many companies have no qualms cutting off signatures in mid stream, but I dont have the heart to butcher a signature.

I know its hard to believe I (razor) am not perfect, but I am not. But I do correct rare errors faster than any other manufacturer.
This is a unique error FAR form commonplace.
BG

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
matfanofold said:
razorent said:
BG

No worries BG, I think we all had a good laugh at this mistake. Mistakes happen, and everyone seems to understand that. I'm sure no explaination is necessary. But I will ask...

Can the owner of the card keep it? And still get the replacement and free gift? I think it's a unique piece that highlights internal usage, and is somewhat of a conversation piece. I know I would like to hold on to it if I could.

LOL..... if someone brings it up to me at the national, I will give them a free gift if they want to keep it....
Thanks for understanding that mistakes happen.
BG

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Krom said:
Wow. "hey yeah we effed up its not an autograph feel free to send it it back to us yadda yadda yadda." Mistakes like this should not happen. It was not the first time you packed out an unauthentic auto, and this is beyoynd a joke. Actually the joke about wanting Angie's auto is pretty funny. As for UD i dont know if many of you have seen the crazy HOF class of 36 that had Ruth Cobb Mathewson Johnson + that was never released in packs. That was what the guy recieved from UD from buying the quad cut that had a fake Ruth and Johnson. The i dot wanted like a freakin million dollars for it on the bay. It was a booklet card with 5 cuts i think.
When you spell idiot wrong doesn't that make you the idiot?

bmp1

Dec 31, 2008
Hey guys. I am the owner of the card and did not see this post until today. Very interesting read. I am a little confused but that happens a lot with me. Was this a note that Catfish hunter wrote and the cut is from the note and not his signature? Thanks for the helpful information so far.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
bmp1 said:
Hey guys. I am the owner of the card and did not see this post until today. Very interesting read. I am a little confused but that happens a lot with me. Was this a note that Catfish hunter wrote and the cut is from the note and not his signature? Thanks for the helpful information so far.

No, its an inner office note. Guess the art dept wrote to Ang saying the Hunter auto is too large.

If you want me to take it to the show and get your gift from BG I dont have a problem doing that for you.

bmp1

Dec 31, 2008
Sounds good Andrew. I will keep it and I pm BG my info if he wants to send something but not really a need in my eyes. Mistakes happen and the card is kind of funny.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
nyc3 said:
Wouldnt it be a bit smarter to authenticate the autographs in the card? It seems any other manner would lead to this and god knows what else.

:lol:

So in your opinion, they should buy the autograph... put it into the card... and then authenticate it. What happens if the auto doesn't pass the authentication process? ::facepalm::

And that plan really seems a "bit smarter" to you? :lol:

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
RL24 said:
nyc3 said:
Wouldnt it be a bit smarter to authenticate the autographs in the card? It seems any other manner would lead to this and god knows what else.

:lol:

So in your opinion, they should buy the autograph... put it into the card... and then authenticate it. What happens if the auto doesn't pass the authentication process? ::facepalm::

And that plan really seems a "bit smarter" to you? :lol:

Nice over use of periods it almost makes your point better.....

How about they dont seal the card completely? Oh wait should I now use several question marks??????

bmp1

Dec 31, 2008
Jeff N. said:
If I were BG, I wouldn't want that card on the market.

The card will not be going into the market as I plan on keeping it in the PC. I think the card is quite funny and do not blame BG because of a simple mistake like this. Maybe Brian could send a picture of "Ang" to go with this card. :D

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
bmp1 said:
Jeff N. said:

The card will not be going into the market as I plan on keeping it in the PC. I think the card is quite funny and do not blame BG because of a simple mistake like this. Maybe Brian could send a picture of "Ang" to go with this card. :D

Stop being level headed about a Razor mistake. Don't you know what forum this is.

bmp1

Dec 31, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
bmp1 said:
Jeff N. said:

Stop being level headed about a Razor mistake. Don't you know what forum this is.

:lol: :lol:

Members online

Latest posts