Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Werth: Get the frack out of the way!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mazarazz

Aug 7, 2008
i kinda feel bad for the guy, dude knew he messed up right as he caught the ball. at least they won so it'll pass.

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
schmidtfan20 said:
you could go to a thousand games and never get a ball hit even towards you, now a pop fly comes and looks like it
may hit your son in the head. I would of done the same thing and then flipped the ball to Jayson.

Kevin

I would have flipped something to Werth, but it wouldnt have been the ball!

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
If I was the fan, I would've done the same thing, especially with my son there. And not apologize for it either.

If I was Werth, I probably would've done the same thing in the heat of the moment. Team is not even close living up to par, extra innings against a potential wild-card team. You want to win...

I'm sure Werth regrets it. As a previous poster stated, it would be nice if Werth apologized personally (no media) to the guy in front of his son and gave the son something. But that might not happen.

notoriousrmb

Aug 7, 2008
Above Ground
Jason Werth's uncle is a family friend...he says he hasn't spoken to Jason in years and Jason even yelled at a family member who wanted him to sign a ball for a friend of his son. I'm no Philly hater, but I have never heard a nice thing said about Mr. Werth.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
wow. Talk about blowing something up that really is nothing. im sure thie kid right now is crying himself to sleep. "oh the shame.. may dad got yelled at". I would of done the same thing the Phan did. When that ball is coming right at you (as it almost NEVER does at a game) you are going to try to catch it. its your first thing you think of.
Werth was upset beacuse that would of been a out and things could of gone bad and they could of lost the game. Was Werth wrong? yes. The ball was foul but he was upset and lost his cool, unlike how everyone who hates on him has never done before i guess.
I wonder what the kid does when his dad gets cussed out on the road for doing something wrong. Poor kid... LOL
Look. the kid got a ball, was on TV. and a phillies player ran into his dad. I myself would of been "COOL!"

bongo870 said:
wow. Talk about blowing something up that really is nothing. im sure thie kid right now is crying himself to sleep. "oh the shame.. may dad got yelled at". I would of done the same thing the Phan did. When that ball is coming right at you (as it almost NEVER does at a game) you are going to try to catch it. its your first thing you think of.
Worth was upset beacuse that would of been a out and things could of gone bad and they could of lost the game. Was Worth wrong? yes. The ball was foul but he was upset and lost his cool, unlike how everyone who hates on him has never done before i guess.
I wonder what the kid does when his dad gets cussed out on the road for doing something wrong. Poor kid... LOL
Look. the kid got a ball, was on TV. and a phillies player ran into his dad. I myself would of been "COOL!"

his name is werth.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Ok, those of you who think you know Werth, you couldn't be further off on this!
Jayson just recently bought his former High School Baseball Coach a new Ford F150 truck when they won the State Championship just recently, and has bought a trailer, riding mower, and other equipment for the grounds crew in the small town he is from Chatham IL. He takes his kid to off season hitting clinics and signs autographs for all of the kids there. Every time I go to a fundraiser there is something signed by him there to bid on. With that being said, I hated to see this happen to this Dad in front of his kid. Hopefully he apologizes to this family.
Here is the article on the truck:
http://www.sj-r.com/sports/x1501903046/ ... ith-Titans

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Doesn't seem like a big deal to me from either side. Werth overreacted in the heat of the moment - we've all experienced that before, I'm sure. The dad reached for a foul ball that was out of play - I'm sure we'd all do the same. This stuff unravels quickly, it's not like the guy had a ton of time to break down the situation and determine that he should get out of the way. Same with Bartman. It's easy for us all to say "Oh, I would've gotten out of the way!"... but I call BS. Even in the Bartman incident, he's just the only one who managed to touch the ball - everyone else around him was going for it, too!

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
crosby87 said:
Wow very nice catch by the fan! Werth completely overreacted, and that ball was not in the field of play. Plus it looked like it could have hit the guys kid...

On an unrelated note,

I saw a kid drop his thrre year to cathc a foul ball at Tropicana Field.

His kid was on the ground crying and he was celebrating the upper deck catch.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
jswaykos said:
Doesn't seem like a big deal to me from either side. Werth overreacted in the heat of the moment - we've all experienced that before, I'm sure. The dad reached for a foul ball that was out of play - I'm sure we'd all do the same. This stuff unravels quickly, it's not like the guy had a ton of time to break down the situation and determine that he should get out of the way. Same with Bartman. It's easy for us all to say "Oh, I would've gotten out of the way!"... but I call BS. Even in the Bartman incident, he's just the only one who managed to touch the ball - everyone else around him was going for it, too!

I agree. Werth probably thought he could have caught it and being competitive, he said something he probably regrets now. The fan probably didn't realize Werth had a shot to catch it.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
notjomommasclint said:
bongo870 said:
Worth was upset beacuse that would of been a out and things could of gone bad and they could of lost the game. Was Worth wrong? yes. The ball was foul but he was upset and lost his cool, unlike how everyone who hates on him has never done before i guess.

his name is werth.
Sorry i spelled his name wrong. geeeze

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
notjomommasclint said:
bongo870 said:

his name is werth.

No need to call him out!

He's a Phan!

:lol:

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
vwnut13 said:
notjomommasclint said:
bongo870 said:

his name is werth.

No need to call him out!

He's a Phan!

I have problems with spelling and grammer as my head is pounding me right now. Sorry for the misspelling and that it offended anyone in any way. I will work Harder next time so it will not happen again.
And again sorry.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
bongo870 said:
vwnut13 said:
notjomommasclint said:
bongo870 said:

his name is werth.

No need to call him out!

He's a Phan!

I have problems with spelling and grammar as my head is pounding me right now. Sorry for the misspelling and that it offended anyone in any way. I will work Harder next time so it will not happen again.
And again sorry.

I was kidding. Trust me I never give anything a second look for grammar...

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
jswaykos said:

Very well stated. I was hoping that Werth was going to apologize to the father after the third out.

Members online

Latest posts