Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What cards give you that nostalgic feeling?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
1973 Topps Baseball were the first packs I ever opened and that set always brings me back to my 9 year old self. Someday I am going to work on that set again and get it completed. Only this time without the writing all over it!! :)

Scan1_zps90d9a053.jpeg

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
1965 Topps Roger Maris (first card Dad ever bought for me) and the TCMA and Baseball Immortals sets.

Mine is the 61 Maris. My dad bought it for me because we were both born in Fargo ND. It's in horrible condition and still my favorite card after all these years.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
My list would look pretty similar to yours Joe. Being in Wisconsin though you had to have a '75 Yount in there. I'd also add '87 Fleer Clark, '85 Fleer Eric Davis, '87 Donruss McGwire (always thought it was a way cooler card than the '85 Topps)

Last edited:

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
1983 Topps. The first pack I ever bought was 1983 Topps, and while my memories all scream that it was a rack pack, when I finally picked the cards out of my larger 1983 collection (yes, I still have almost all of the cards from my first pack), I only ended up with 25 or so cards, so it must have actually been a cello pack. I think the best card I got was a Gary Carter. Now it's so frayed the front is peeling off the back.

Kmccall93

May 9, 2013
82 topps. I had been collecting for 4-5 years and I got a part time job at a k-mart helping a friends dad doing a reconstruction job....we found a couple of boxes of cello packs so they sold them to me cheap cheap since they were a couple of years old....I of course opened all of them, not saving any for the Ripken rookies, and there were many! A couple of years later, I bought 5 boxes of 87 topps there for $1 a box, still have 1 unopened...

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
I don't know why I remember after all these years. The first card I ever pulled out of a pack way back in 1972. I was nine years old now I'm 50 and still have it.

Catfish.jpg

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
88 Bo Jackson Topps Football RC
(88 Football was my 1st complete set)
89 Griffey RCs
89 Score Barry Sanders & Troy Aikman
90 Emmitt Smith Score & Pro Set RCs
91-92 Jordan Upper Deck
92-93 Shaq RCs
92 Donruss Elite /10,000 Griffey Jr.
One of my best friends in 6th grade pulled this card. I was so jealous that he made the local newspaper for pulling it!

Although I didn't collect at the time as I was less than 10 years old any Topps football rookies (Montana, Elway, Marino) from the 80s where some of the first cards I purchased coming back into the hobby.
I was a bigger football and basketball fan as a kid. Was also a huge McGwire/Canseco fan but didn't have the 85 Topps or 86 Donruss of them until now.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts