Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What changes does "your team" HAVE to make in the offseason?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I would like the Red Sox to sign Dave Martinez, John Farrell, or Mike Maddux as manager. After that I'd like to see Big Papi return and finish his career in Boston, and make a few moves for pitching. Very interested to see what will happen with Ellsbury longterm.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Agree 100%. I am hoping that they will make a splash in the free agent market and go after a big name(very doubtful) or at least make a run at a guy the can control for a few years. The more likely thing is that they sign another pitcher or two off the scrap heap.

Same as it ever was...

Will be interesting to see what happens with Morneau this off season. Doesn't he have one more year on his contract? Any trade offers, because I do not belive they will re-sign him.

bigbov

Jun 26, 2012
Minoa, NY
Dodgers I feel just need some time to play together. They had spurts of greatness, then long droughts of awfulness. I think it all comes to getting to know and trust in what each other can do. Maybe a line up change wouldn't hurt. Moving Ethier up to second, and keeping the line up lefty-righty all the way down would be a nice strategy. Pitching we aren't lacking, maybe Lilly needs to go, Brandon League was a nice pick up. Beckett looked good while playing for the Dodgers. Billingsley has been so hot and cold it is ridiculous. So far that is what I see.....

Their main priority should be (I believe Coletti has said this) to sign Kershaw to a long term deal. Even though he is signed thru next season... get it done now. Def. do not let him hit FA. I agree w/ just about everything Alex has said. Crawford will be hitting 2nd next year though. I wouldn't mind them switching Gordon to 2B and keeping Hanley and Cruz on the left side. A front line starter would be awesome... but that is on every team's wish list!!

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
Cubs need to have a healthy Matt Garza who they then trade for a good return. They should also sign a veteran starter or two who can fill out the starting rotation after Samardzija and a short term veteran who can put up adequate numbers at 3rd base. Other than that, just draft well, hope a few of the young kids like Baez, Jackson, and Almora can develop into something, and keep building for 2014-2015.

They also need to pray a few pitching prospects develop in to top of the rotation talent (Vizcaino, Johnson, Maples, McNutt (doesn't look like it anymore), Underwood, Paniagua) Offense wise their future should bright, but pitching will determine if they can actually put a playoff run together.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Texas Rangers 2013

I really wish they would keep the offense the same and add more starting pitching and resign Josh Hamilton but I can keep dreaming.
Hamilton was unsignable after the 4 HR game and the slump during the middle of the season probably keeps the Rangers from wanting to keep him around long term not to mention his injury history.
Hamilton helped the Rangers front office P.R. department by playing like crap, missing games and having drama this season all while putting up MVP type numbers when he was on his hot streak.

They also need to get a hitting coach that can teach the new guys and help the veteran hitters make adjustments and be more patient at the plate.
Rehaul the bullpen and add a starting pitcher or 2 and find another catcher.

2012 was a huge disappointment even more than Game 6/7 of the 2011 W.S.

(I am going to really going miss Hamilton and Napoli)

21ccl

Aug 26, 2012
Braves-

Tommy Hanson need's to shape up.
Jason Heyward got to be able to hit ball against LP
Replace Chipper.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
As others have said, the Twins need starting pitching. If they had a decent rotation this past year I think they could have contended in the AL Central. This next one is probably where I'm in the minority, but they need to keep Denard Span. I know I'm a little biased, but if you look at fielding WAR, Span ranks 6th. Not among just center fielders, nor all outfielders. And its not just in the American League, but he finished tied for 6th among all fielders in MLB in fielding WAR

Members online

Latest posts