Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What do you want to see on FCB to make it ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
I'm an old timer from the old BMB days. Migrated over here and used to post all the time on FCB. Many times oer day. No seriously! Ask metallica weimer scotty etc. I still lurk multiple times a day but never post. Why? Jackasses. Plain and simple. Some (many) are newer members but some are old established members. This is my respite from thr stresses of life....a means to get away. Why post if some a-hole will just have some smartass response? The mod staff is NOT to blame. They are more than leniant and accomodating. Just my two cents. ..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I think if we keep the ball rolling on veering away from the negativity things will start ramping up. Outside of being a mod, and a new one at that, everyone has the control to keep positive posts going. If people want to speak out of negativity TOWARDS others or keep up constant trolling, just ignore it and not feed into it. We aren't out to ban everyone that has a voice to speak, but the ones that tend to be repeat offenders are the ones with the trends of doing so.

As for something like a trade manager I see that being a tough thing to do financially. I also don't think a lack of a trade manager is what is causing the lack of trades and deals going on here. There is a HUGE mix of PC and prospectors. Either someone is looking for something to lock away in PC or someone is trying to make a profit. I can guarantee there are great deals to be had as I have been a part of them many times. I do think that if trading and dealing gets back to what it was at before, that would show a trade manager would be valuable. I also think that if it gets back the way it was there would be tons of activity across all forums as well.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Phil stopped the group grading submission for several reasons. Phil was a great contributor but he does not have the same time to devout to things.

We need a trade manager type program.

We need a weekly hotlist.... I nominate masonphillip to write it.

We could probably use a group grading submission.... again... I nominate masonphillip to run it.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I'm an old timer from the old BMB days. Migrated over here and used to post all the time on FCB. Many times oer day. No seriously! Ask metallica weimer scotty etc. I still lurk multiple times a day but never post. Why? Jackasses. Plain and simple. Some (many) are newer members but some are old established members. This is my respite from thr stresses of life....a means to get away. Why post if some a-hole will just have some smartass response? The mod staff is NOT to blame. They are more than leniant and accomodating. Just my two cents. ..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Miss your posts dude! Also miss the HOF cards posted here and in the MT ;)

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Where are you getting your info from. Phil and I are great friends. Phil wasnt fazed out at all. He simply doesn not have the time he once did.

That's the problem. So many things have been done or started in the last 2-3 years. We care about it for 3-4 weeks and we move on. Phils Hot List was very popular.... but for some reason he was replaced and basically phased out of this message board. It was said he was too busy... but he said he wasn't.

We are quickly approaching the end of the baseball season and we will have 5 months of dead time. Like I mentioned earlier.... I think the damage has been done.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Where are you getting your info from. Phil and I are great friends. Phil wasnt fazed out at all. He simply doesn not have the time he once did.

When someone brought up Phil continuing to do the Hot List.... Chris replied with something about he was too busy... and Phil replied back saying that wasn't the case. He had time to still do it.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I can speak on Phil's behalf, he does not have the time he once did and no longer can run either of those.

When someone brought up Phil continuing to do the Hot List.... Chris replied with something about he was too busy... and Phil replied back saying that wasn't the case. He had time to still do it.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008

It came down to a financial standpoint, from what I remember is that Phil had the time to do it if the money was right, and Gilmore simply could not afford it any longer. And believe me, I understand both sides. It's not easy to research and write a Hot List, and to do it like clockwork weekly takes a solid time investment. Alternatively it takes money for such a commitment, money that understandably Gilmore may not have.

Last edited:

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
That was talked about at first but since then Phil has had other things come up at work. Guy is moving on up. That was just the hotlist btw not the grading sub

It came down to a financial standpoint, from what I remember is that Phil had the time to do it if the money was right, and Gilmore simply could not afford it any longer.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
That was talked about at first but since then Phil has had other things come up at work. Guy is moving on up. That was just the hotlist btw not the grading sub

Of course, I should have prefaced with 'at the time'...

Good for Phil though, my work and family responsibilities has also increased significantly over the last few years so I understand!

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
the trade boards are not high traffic but thats not a main problem here at all.. look at the volume of hardcore player collectors here and the fact that most don't go buying all kinds of other tradebait because the stuff they are looking for is rare enough that most others here wouldn't just have it hanging around to trade anyway.

There isn't anything wrong with this board so all the complaint threads and how to make it better threads are cluttering up the forum IMO. Speaking from my own personal experience things in life change causing priorities to change and usually hobbies take a back seat. I've done alot less posting lately although I visit the board daily still to see whats new. Trolls don't bother me at all.. don't feed them they get no rise and move on. I think what your really finding right now is the focus of this board's members is very specific and the amount of threads already discussing rare chase cards for example have been covered thoroughly. This community has a wealth of hobby knowledge and quality members and its hard to really gain big volume and maintain quality. If you want 25000 members you know there will be plenty of inactive posters and trolls which make this place tougher to moderate. I think keeping the quality members here is a much bigger priority as well as growing the FB and BB boards with members like we have in the baseball forums. If there are other boards out there that have high traffic in the other sports then people need to recruit the good members here.

We have some of the greatest threads of any board on the internet.. The Super Sweet 90's threads are epic and continue to get high traffic and what can I say about the MT guys?? I've been a part of their thread for years and they are a very solid core group of members here who you can easily get to know on a personal level. The generosity on this board is amazing.. I've been on the receiving end of some nice PC cards and I've tried to also help others out when I can either by finding nice/rare items or sending out stuff I have that people need more than I. Being here keeps the hobby enjoyable and brings me back in time to when things were simpler and the thrill of the chase was what it was all about. Being around other obsessed player collectors who understand and respect what your doing is one of the best parts of FCB.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Phil is one of the best people I have ever had the privilege knowing and his content was top notch. I always wanted to take the hotlist on. Maybe I will in the spring if I did Id include a cold list. FOr some reason I always enjoyed that more then who was hot.

Of course, I should have prefaced with 'at the time'...

Good for Phil though, my work and family responsibilities has also increased significantly over the last few years so I understand!

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I personally miss the free to good home threads & upper echelon. That was the most fun I had on these boards. I started to feel as the same awesome & generous members were starting to get taking advantage of. I would love to see these gain some fuel. & as a matter of fact I'm gunna try & find some new stuff as we speak.

I agree. I started to participate more based on those threads, but it seemed like it was the same people posting things to give away and the same people claiming them. I know it was free to a good home, but it was discouraging to only see a handful actually do the giving.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
that was a great thread, I gave away plenty of stuff in it. it would have been nice to see more people claiming.

I agree. I started to participate more based on those threads, but it seemed like it was the same people posting things to give away and the same people claiming them. I know it was free to a good home, but it was discouraging to only see a handful actually do the giving.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal

I just started a new upper echelon thread part deuce to try & get some new action going at [MENTION=1794]A_Pharis[/MENTION] recommendation

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I honestly don't think there is anything wrong with FCB besides the occasional poster who likes to stir the pot and piss as many people off as they can but the Mods are working on that. To everyone else, well I say for this community to survive everyone needs to participate. Give-aways, well written articles, stories about hobby experiences, great pickups, things we all would like to read and comment on should be written here on the boards. I am working on a few things right now that I hope will help contribute and I hope others will do as well.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
I honestly don't think there is anything wrong with FCB besides the occasional poster who likes to stir the pot and piss as many people off as they can but the Mods are working on that. To everyone else, well I say for this community to survive everyone needs to participate. Give-aways, well written articles, stories about hobby experiences, great pickups, things we all would like to read and comment on should be written here on the boards. I am working on a few things right now that I hope will help contribute and I hope others will do as well.

This is exactly whats needed. member produced content is the best kind of content.

Weekly pick-up threads
maildays

Hell, i'm working on getting the band back together for the podcast.

Members online

Latest posts