Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What have your experiences been as a seller on these sites?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
Skorris (CCBC) said:
JVC said:
[quote="Skorris (CCBC)":hx5mxw2k]
JVC said:
[quote="Skorris (CCBC)":hx5mxw2k]CR looks like a great site.

What kind of fees do you have to pay?

OP - sorry for the jacking of the post. :oops:

There aren't any fees until March and even then, our fees are about 1/10 of ebay's and 1/20 of sportlots.

That's awesome, I already listed something, and I'll list some later on tonight as well. :D

Cool man, I hope you enjoy the site. We're going to be making a few improvements over the next couple weeks to make the site easier to use.[/quote:hx5mxw2k]

And the credit system won't go in to place until March?[/quote:hx5mxw2k]

Correct.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
One thing that I think separates us from the other two sites (from a seller's perspective) is that you don't have to wait to get your money. Payments go straight from buyer to seller. On Sportsbuy, you have to wait almost 2 weeks to get your money (and another week if you request a check so that you don't pay paypal fees twice on your balance). On sportlots, you only get paid once a month. As someone who is constantly buying and selling cards, I need that money so that I can keep buying.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
JVC said:
One thing that I think separates us from the other two sites (from a seller's perspective) is that you don't have to wait to get your money. Payments go straight from buyer to seller. On Sportsbuy, you have to wait almost 2 weeks to get your money (and another week if you request a check so that you don't pay paypal fees twice on your balance). On sportlots, you only get paid once a month. As someone who is constantly buying and selling cards, I need that money so that I can keep buying.

How fast can you withdrawl it on CR? Payment goes into a CR account or straight to Paypal?

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
AKA Coastal said:
JVC said:

How fast can you withdrawl it on CR? Payment goes into a CR account or straight to Paypal?

There is no CR account. We don't handle ant of the money. Payment goes from buyer's paypal account to seller's paypal account.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
JVC said:

That's awesome.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
JVC said:
AKA Coastal said:
JVC said:

There is no CR account. We don't handle ant of the money. Payment goes from buyer's paypal account to seller's paypal account.

Thats sweet. I'm trying to think of the downside to that ,but I can't come up with anything.

chicagofan1

Aug 7, 2008
Wisconsin
CheckOutMyCards.com is another site you should take a look at. I've been selling on there for a few months, and it's worked well for me. They use a consignment format, so you send the cards to them, and they handle listing the card, accepting payment from the buyer, and shipping the card to them. There's a .10 insertion fee, and a .01 per month fee to keep the card in their inventory (the first few months are free though). It's up to you what the price is set at.

It's the lazy man's way to sell. :D

Link to the website

Kevin

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
i dont want to bash jeff or CR, because what he is doing is awesome, i just have had no luck at all. 2 sales in 2 months and i have had stuff way less than ebay. example,
2008 mcfadden spx which i have 2 of sat on CR for 65 with free shipping for a month while on ebay i sold both for 91 and 89. you also get ridiculous low ball offers, but what else is new.
i am hoping some buyers come, but either im just unlucky, which is easily proven, or people are afraid of something. had my 2007 elite joba auto /250 red up there for as low as 30 i believe, always free shipping, nothing. on ebay, just got 47 for it. i think if they get auctions going it will be awesome, but the BIN system for me just isnt working. THIS IS NOT A BASH, just another point of view. jeff is world class, and i hope he can turn CR into a monster and crush ebay.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
boomo said:
i dont want to bash jeff or CR, because what he is doing is awesome, i just have had no luck at all. 2 sales in 2 months and i have had stuff way less than ebay. example,
2008 mcfadden spx which i have 2 of sat on CR for 65 with free shipping for a month while on ebay i sold both for 91 and 89. you also get ridiculous low ball offers, but what else is new.
i am hoping some buyers come, but either im just unlucky, which is easily proven, or people are afraid of something. had my 2007 elite joba auto /250 red up there for as low as 30 i believe, always free shipping, nothing. on ebay, just got 47 for it. i think if they get auctions going it will be awesome, but the BIN system for me just isnt working. THIS IS NOT A BASH, just another point of view. jeff is world class, and i hope he can turn CR into a monster and crush ebay.

I'll have to admit, football and basketball are pretty weak on the site right now. We have an ad going out in the next issue of Beckett and are starting a mail campaign next week that should bring in a lot of new buyers and sellers.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
I listed about 50 things. I hope I get some bites, but you never know. I hope the site continues to grow.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
Skorris (CCBC) said:
I listed about 50 things. I hope I get some bites, but you never know. I hope the site continues to grow.

Thanks, I appreciate the business and I hope you get some good offers.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Well I'm sold. CR here I come...maybe I will start out with about 50 listings or so?

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Skorris (CCBC) said:
MojoDan said:
Well I'm sold. CR here I come...maybe I will start out with about 50 listings or so?

Do it man, that's about how many I did.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Hope you continue to do well skorris. And thanks to JVC for all the replies.

Members online

Latest posts