Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What I HATE about Ebay the most!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
(Other than ridiculously high fees)

Sorry, it's not possible to leave feedback for this transaction.
Feedback has been disabled because payment was not recorded.

^
SUCH an idiotic thing right there!
Wonder why the sellers would ever want to leave feedback. Oh yeah, because payment WASN'T received.
Makes a whole lot of sense. :benson:

Last edited:

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
I just sold a lot of 38 cards. I charged $2.50 for shipping.

The buyer messaged me and asked for each card to be individually sleeved and placed in a toploader prior to shipment. I sent them in a 50-card snap case and the buyer got very upset at me.

WTH.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York

The buyer messaged me and asked for each card to be individually sleeved and placed in a toploader prior to shipment. I sent them in a 50-card snap case and the buyer got very upset at me.

WTH.

lol That's insane. I literally would of told them to give me an extra $7 or so and it's a deal ($4 for the 38 toploaders and another $3 or so for the extra shipping weight). I hate entitled buyers like that. As a buyer, the only things you are entitled to is the item/items you purchased, in the condition stated and shipped timely.

Last edited:

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008

WTH.

That is effing insane. I just looked up that buyer and blocked them from ever bidding on my stuff. And there's a part of me that wants to hit the BIN on the 190-card 2012 Bowman set he/she has listed and demand that every card be put in a top-loader. But given how much stuff I am planning to sell in the next few months, I don't want to screw around with my account.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
That is effing insane. I just looked up that buyer and blocked them from ever bidding on my stuff. And there's a part of me that wants to hit the BIN on the 190-card 2012 Bowman set he/she has listed and demand that every card be put in a top-loader. But given how much stuff I am planning to sell in the next few months, I don't want to screw around with my account.

This is what is wonderful about having a separate buying account.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Does anyone enjoy anything about the process of selling cards on ebay or anyone else??

I can see someone being happy about the results of a sale, the selling process itself - not so much.

bigredmachine

Dec 16, 2009

WTH.

Who is the buyer so I can block him. Thanks

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
It's ALWAYS the $3 and under sales that are the biggest Hassle...

Of the 4 Nuetral/Negs I've gotten in the last coupla years the total is under $15. :mad:

Boylen33

Jan 26, 2011
Alabama
(Other than ridiculously high fees)

Sorry, it's not possible to leave feedback for this transaction.
Feedback has been disabled because payment was not recorded.

^
SUCH an idiotic thing right there!
Wonder why the sellers would ever want to leave feedback. Oh yeah, because payment WASN'T received.
Makes a whole lot of sense. :benson:

What good is it going to do you to leave feedback? You can only leave positive feedback for a buyer. So, even if you "disguise" it as a negative comment, it's still counted as a positive feedback for the buyer.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
What good is it going to do you to leave feedback? You can only leave positive feedback for a buyer. So, even if you "disguise" it as a negative comment, it's still counted as a positive feedback for the seller.

Yeah, it's ALL ********!

I buyer doesn't pay, and seller has NO recourse.
It would be nice to be able to warn other sellers.

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
You can't even leave negative comments in your "positive" feedback. Someone posted a while back that they were warned and/or suspended from selling for doing so.

nicktv08

Apr 22, 2012
Columbus, OH
Yeah, it's ALL ********!

I buyer doesn't pay, and seller has NO recourse.
It would be nice to be able to warn other sellers.

I completely agree with you Russ. I have been buying and selling on Ebay for years and there are always some things that have bothered me:

1. 10% final sale fee. I understand the listing fees, but not necessarily the final sale fee. It is an auction, but you are doing all of the work. You are the one listing the card, looking up information, placing a value on the card, etc. I could see maybe a 5% final sale fee but 10% is a bit much in my opinion for Ebay really not doing any work.

2. Like you said, not being able to leave a negative for a buyer is ridiculous. There have been countless times where I have received emails from people saying that their child accidentally bid on a card or some ridiculous story and I just let it go and relist the card even though I know it was a lie. Then there are the people who never pay and just get off the hook because you can't leave a negative for a buyer. It's ok to leave a seller a negative for not shipping a card on time or never sending a card but its not ok to leave a negative for someone who confirms a purchase then never pays? Just doesn't make sense to me.

But we can bicker and complain all we want about Ebay, the fact is we will all still use it. It draws a tremendous amount of views to the cards or whatever it is we sell and thats the reason we keep coming back because most of the time finding a buyer on Ebay is pretty easy because there are millions while on a site like this, maybe a few hundred idk?

Last edited:

tattooelement

Jul 9, 2010
I've sold a the same Yu Darvish Blue Ref AU twice now.

First sale, $760. Awesome. Wait, NPB.
Second sale, $580. Not so awesome. Hasn't been paid for yet. Only been 3 days since this one ended though.

Hopefully this doesn't continue downwards until I am paying someone to take it.

Anyway, I would love to be able to leave appropriate feedback for the NPB's. There has been WAY too many lately.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
2. Like you said, not being able to leave a negative for a buyer is ridiculous. There have been countless times where I have received emails from people saying that their child accidentally bid on a card or some ridiculous story and I just let it go and relist the card even though I know it was a lie. Then there are the people who never pay and just get off the hook because you can't leave a negative for a buyer. It's ok to leave a seller a negative for not shipping a card on time or never sending a card but its not ok to leave a negative for someone who confirms a purchase then never pays? Just doesn't make sense to me.
Indeed!

Also ridiculous that a "buyer" can leave a negative for the seller when they haven't paid!
Case in point. THOUGHT I sold a Harper Chrome auto a few weeks ago.
"Buyer" bid 26 hours before auction ended, won, then emailed me 2 days after winning, claiming it was an unauthorized bid.
Had he emailed me before the auction ended, no worries, I would of canceled the bid.
He wanted me to squash it. I said no.
3o minutes later he neg'd me. ::facepalm::
How on earth does ebay think that a buyer who HASN'T even paid should be able to leave a negative, but a seller who DOESN'T get paid, can't?
******* idiots.

Had to NPB, close case, then the neg was erased. STILL have the Harper, $100 softer in sales of course, and another "buyer" who should have a neg, without one. :twisted:

Members online

Latest posts