Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is BCCG grading service and why use it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Just bought a card that is graded BCCG 10, it is so ugly I want to crack it open and see if it gets a BGS 9.5. Any thoughts? Anyone ever try this and be unsucessful? Who uses this and why does it even exist?

Thank you.

:geek:

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
BCCG is the most shady thing Beckett has created over the years. It clearly shows their lack of a soul more than anything else they have done.

I also can't stand eBay for not resolving the hundreds of BCCG 10 auctions that list "BCCG 10 BGS" in their titles. Talk about annoying keyword spamming.

That said, the chances of your BCCG 10 getting a BGS 9.5 are slim, thinner than a 1988 Donruss Mark Grace rookie.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
Bulk submitters slab the majority of BCCG cards. They submit 1000 cards to BGS with a minimum grade of 9.5 for the BGS slabs. The cards that are rejected are then sent to BCCG. Cards that meet the BCCG 10 requirements are then slabbed for a small fee, typically between $1-3 (based on the number of cards submitted). More than likely, a card in a BCCG 10 holder was already rejected once from being a BGS 9.5. That doesn't mean you can't get a BGS 9.5, but it is unlikely.

People bash BCCG all the time, but I did an experiment a number of years ago where I cracked 12 PSA 9s out of slabs and submitted them to BCCG. Only 3 of the 12 were slabbed as BCCG 10s, the others didn't make the cut. BCCG 10 only claims to be MINT, so (at least in my experiment) MINT BCCG cards were tougher to get than MINT PSA cards.

David

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
leatherman said:
Bulk submitters slab the majority of BCCG cards. They submit 1000 cards to BGS with a minimum grade of 9.5 for the BGS slabs. The cards that are rejected are then sent to BCCG. Cards that meet the BCCG 10 requirements are then slabbed for a small fee, typically between $1-3 (based on the number of cards submitted). More than likely, a card in a BCCG 10 holder was already rejected once from being a BGS 9.5. That doesn't mean you can't get a BGS 9.5, but it is unlikely.

People bash BCCG all the time, but I did an experiment a number of years ago where I cracked 12 PSA 9s out of slabs and submitted them to BCCG. Only 3 of the 12 were slabbed as BCCG 10s, the others didn't make the cut. BCCG 10 only claims to be MINT, so (at least in my experiment) MINT BCCG cards were tougher to get than MINT PSA cards.

David

Wow :shock: ...I'm guessing that maybe this has changed since your experiement as I have purchased some of these (not for the grade but because they sold for so much cheaper than the ungraded version) & they were pretty bad (mainly VERY off-centered). :?

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
KOBEARODLT said:
scotty21690 said:
I suppose it is a cheap way to protect your cards?

that would be a good idea if they actually protected your cards, they actually damage the cards

Was thinking along the same lines. I have a Jarrod Saltalamacchia RC ref that moves an awful lot in that holder. Only reason I bought it was because it was cheaper than a raw copy...

Members online

Latest posts