Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is your favorite Honus Wagner card?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
This is not necessarily one you own, or what has the highest grade, or what is the most valueable. I'm looking for which cards you like esthetically. As I've begun my short journey into vintage, I've come to realize how much more out there there is, mostnof which I've never seen and I'd love to see some pics of some of the cool and interesting stuff out there that people like. If I'm not the only one that enjoys this sort of thing, then perhaps we can do this with other players and eras.

As for Wagner, I'm sure I haven't seen everything, but I absolutly fell in love with this card when I saw it

Wagnerfront.jpg

Wagnerback.jpg

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
My father-in-law, who was raised in Pittsburgh, found this card in his grandpa's papers after his death. It was issued after his playing days, sometime around 1944. It's in the SCD book, but not a lot of info is known about it. Speculation is that it was printed for Honus to hand out kind of like a business card as a company spokesman. Because of its regional flavor and personal story, it's my favorite. Plus, everything is better with bacon!

wagner1.jpg

wagner2.jpg

AK11

May 24, 2010
Not vintage, but since a couple mentioned modern Wagner cards, I thought I would post this since definitely going to be hard to ever find too many Wagner patch cards:

wagnerSterlingpatch.png

Thanks,

Andrew

Members online

Latest posts