Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What to expect from Justin Upton this year?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

azbaseballfan

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
He swung the bat well today against the Brewers with a pair of doubles. One of them was high off the wall in dead center (405 ft). He has such a smooth swing i just love watching him hit, im excited to see him play this year!

Im just curious what type of numbers ya'll see him putting up this season!? I'm expecting big numbers but i dont want to be biased. I want to know what you guys think!

.325 AVG - 30 HRs - 80+ RBIs - 20+ SBs .... i dont think that is too biased

azbaseballfan

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
Last year he hit .300 - 26 HRs - 86 RBIs - 20 SBs

I think the power and average will go improve even more. But with the dbacks offense who knows how many RBI or SB opportunities he will get this year.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
EDIT: Whoops, was thinking Heyward due to seeing his card in someone's sig.

Sky's the limit on Upton. I could see .310/.380/.530

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Why not be bullish on his power?

He played in 138 games in his first full year last year and hit 26 homeruns.

If he plays 145-150 games, i don't think it is out of the question to hit 38-40 homeruns.

skrip

azbaseballfan

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
ballerskrip said:
Why not be bullish on his power?

He played in 138 games in his first full year last year and hit 26 homeruns.

If he plays 145-150 games, i don't think it is out of the question to hit 38-40 homeruns.

skrip
I hope you are right in saying this! The Dbacks need that reliable spark in their lineup!

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
azbaseballfan said:
He swung the bat well today against the Brewers with a pair of doubles. One of them was high off the wall in dead center (405 ft). He has such a smooth swing i just love watching him hit, im excited to see him play this year!

Im just curious what type of numbers ya'll see him putting up this season!? I'm expecting big numbers but i dont want to be biased. I want to know what you guys think!

I was at that game today. He looked great at the plate! I have no clue what to expect of him, but I don't think it's a stretch to predict an improvement over last year. I also got a ball signed by him.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
I REALLY don't like the lineup, I know it sounds silly but you have to have other pieces around you to produce absurd numbers to see a significant spike.

azbaseballfan

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
xcantgobackx said:
azbaseballfan said:

I was at that game today. He looked great at the plate! I have no clue what to expect of him, but I don't think it's a stretch to predict an improvement over last year. I also got a ball signed by him.
I couldn't agree more! I probably saw you there just didn't know it. Justin is a classy guy, he signs alot of autgraphs for the fans.

gomatt

Oct 1, 2008
I'd say that he is the highest potential, safest risk pick you'll find. He's 22. He's proven he can play at a very high level. He has the look. The next big thing in my opinion.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
No one else worries that he has 63 extra base hits and only 11 with RISP and only 86 RBIs?

In comparison delmon young had 125 less at bats and only 30 extra base hits but knocked in 60.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts