Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's up with PSA's labels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
I don't have too many PSA cards but of the dozen or so I do have 10 of them have labels that look like they were a little too big for the slab. They have that slightly wrinkled look to them. I only submitted two of the twelve and bought the rest one by one online over the course of several years so I know they weren't all from some bad batch of labels. Is this a problem others see or am I just lucky? Will PSA redo them or is this just a common problem.

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
I really wish PSA would upgrade their labels and slabs. I mean, get with the times already.

Agreed. If you can easily break a card out of a PSA holder with your bare hands, that's something that needs to be fixed sooner than later. Any Craigslist BGS scam stuff out there? Don't think so or if there is, it's minuscule in comparison to PSA.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Zithy said:
sportscardtheory said:
I really wish PSA would upgrade their labels and slabs. I mean, get with the times already.

Agreed. If you can easily break a card out of a PSA holder with your bare hands, that's something that needs to be fixed sooner than later. Any Craigslist BGS scam stuff out there? Don't think so or if there is, it's minuscule in comparison to PSA.

Yeah there is a Craigslist BGS scam. It is from the BCCG and they are confirmed fakes, but there is in fact a scam

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=143840&hilit=bccg+craigslist

~AJ

spahnandsain

Aug 11, 2008
Conover NC
Mozzie22 said:
I don't have too many PSA cards but of the dozen or so I do have 10 of them have labels that look like they were a little too big for the slab. They have that slightly wrinkled look to them. I only submitted two of the twelve and bought the rest one by one online over the course of several years so I know they weren't all from some bad batch of labels. Is this a problem others see or am I just lucky? Will PSA redo them or is this just a common problem.

Yes. It's my #1 gripe with psa, besides that I'm a huge fan. I have several that I've subbed over the last two years that look like the labels were too wide causing the wrinkled effect. Most of the time it shows in a scan. I've never called to see if they would do anything. Good luck.

n1astrosfn

Dec 4, 2008
charlotte
i guess a clean flat label obviously adds to aesthetics but as long as the card isnt damaged. do they add sleeves inside now like the bgs holders or is that random. ive always been a big proponent of sleeves to prevent surface damage. on more than a handful of psa holders, ive seen pieces of fabric, dirt, etc stuck in the holder with the card, but the worst one was a sportflix card (which are slightly thicker), where the back surface had that "wet" look which is the telltale sign of a very likely "screwdown" type damage, where the surface would get stripped and leave white splotches. technically not damaged yet, but you might as well stick a piece of tape on a card and say its still mint.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts