Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE 90'S CARD IN YOUR PC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I got this one from @nevermore a long time ago. he always had cards of Bernie that were either scarce or oddball. I have never seen another
of Bernie.
55QGgGB.jpg

AZQljWH.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
So many great designs and different technologies, that it would be hard to pick just one for me.

The foils, acetates, lenticulars, dufex, die cuts, etc.

I will say that the otherwise boring 1993 Finest Frank Thomas refractor may be up there, as it was hard to get one at my price and I am damn glad I persisted and finally landing one. They have gone up in price significantly after I got mine.

This was one of the first insert sets I was crazy over and it had Piazza too, who I was collecting at the time.Aaron-Sele.jpgs-l640.jpg

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Just because no one else has it. Even know PSA doesn’t recognize the variation the Gold Front/ Bronze Back is a 1 of 1 as well. Never seen another copy from all the Jeter collectors. I might never get the Mirror Gold but these will not be leaving my collection until my daughters own it then they can do what they want with it.

IMG_5662.JPGIMG_5661.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
@joey12508 I don't recall how I came across the Bernie. I'm still looking for the O'Neill. Tough find.

Had to give this question some thought. For me 1993 was my peak year collecting as a kid. So many great memories. Also a monumental year for cards and the hobby... inaugural Finest Refractors, Jeter RC with the initial SP set, start of Magic the Gathering, Shaq RCs, 1993 BBM Ichiro/Matsui.

I have to go with the 1993 Bowman Rivera. Iconic card IMO like the 1952 Mantle (even though not his true rookie like the 51 Bowman). I secretly hope someday this overtakes his 1992 Bowman in value. It has grown in popularity, was once considered a "common," now goes for a few dollars.

Rivera's first Yankee card with an early 90s auto. Signed with a clean, fine-tipped blue Sharpie, no smudges or bubbling. I don't like cards signed with thicker markers, pens or black colored which many of his early autos feature.

93RIVERA.jpg

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
man where to start? i love so many of the 90s cards i've picked up over the years, including Crusades (nice red @Sonic311)...also cards that other members like George and Ross sold to me or helped me find...but i'd have to say my favorite for sentimental reasons are the sample Crusades that showed up on COMC one day with the the XX or *** numbering..it was contemporaneous with me diving more into 90s inserts, so i'll always have a soft spot in my heart for those cards, which I still have, and which have never shown up again, and which brought me closer to the FCB comunity.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2020
it's not baseball...but these 1997 Certified Mirror Platinums #/30 are just ridiculous to look at especially with a light to them.

IMG_20200516_234935603~3.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts