Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who do you got tonight?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
KOBEARODLT said:
GarkoCollector said:
So glad I got this for free. This sucked ass. No really great fights all night that I saw.

just because there wasnt a huge knockout doesnt mean it wasnt good, i personally really enjoyed the whole penn/edgar fight

it was boring as hell. Penn looked like he just gave up.
Lauzon's performance was the best of the night.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
GarkoCollector said:
So glad I got this for free. This sucked ass. No really great fights all night that I saw.

Eh, the Marcus Davis/Diaz fight was a pretty good one...(but I too am glad I watched free :lol: )... D.Meia (SP?) is pretty boring to watch. I knew Maynard would beat Kenflo (& he'll beat Frankie Edgar in thier championship bout as his style equals BIG problems for Edgar's style). I was pretty letdown by B.J. Penn's performance, maybe he's jaded with fighting?

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
HoustonTeams4Me said:
GarkoCollector said:

Eh, the Marcus Davis/Diaz fight was a pretty good one...(but I too am glad I watched free :lol: )... D.Meia (SP?) is pretty boring to watch. I knew Maynard would beat Kenflo (& he'll beat Frankie Edgar in thier championship bout as his style equals BIG problems for Edgar's style). I was pretty letdown by B.J. Penn's performance, maybe he's jaded with fighting?

I cant like Diaz no matter how good he is.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
GarkoCollector said:
KOBEARODLT said:
GarkoCollector said:

just because there wasnt a huge knockout doesnt mean it wasnt good, i personally really enjoyed the whole penn/edgar fight

Penn homer(?) or just not much into MMA? If you thought the Penn/Edgar fight was boring then maybe you need to stick to boxing or the WWF (just sayin' cause that fight had it all in terms of ground chess matches & standup). ;)

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
GarkoCollector said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
GarkoCollector said:

I cant like Diaz no matter how good he is.

I don't like thier personalities (either of the Diaz bros.) but I cannot deny they are both VERY good Mixed Martial Artist's!

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
HoustonTeams4Me said:
GarkoCollector said:
KOBEARODLT said:
GarkoCollector said:

Penn homer(?) or just not much into MMA? If you thought the Penn/Edgar fight was boring then maybe you need to stick to boxing or the WWF (just sayin' cause that fight had it all in terms of ground chess matches & standup). ;)

No, I'm very much into MMA and it just looked like Penn realized he wasnt going to get Edgar and just gave up. I dont watch WWF or WWE or whatever it is, so Im really not even sure what your comment is supposed to mean. It just wasnt a very exciting fight.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
donrusscrusademan said:
I have a feeling Toneys going to accidentally get an illegal hit in. knee to a downed man or back of the head shot. the transition game will go too fast for him and he will press too much.

NEVER....HAD.....A......CHANCE (to land a blow)! He literally fell onto his arse due to the first contact Randy made with him :benson: :lol:

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
HoustonTeams4Me said:
GarkoCollector said:
KOBEARODLT said:
GarkoCollector said:

+1

seems like more and more people are upset when its not a bloodbath or knockout, i mean dont get me wrong i like knockouts to and some fights do get boring when there not doing anything...but there was always something going on in this one

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
GarkoCollector said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
GarkoCollector said:
KOBEARODLT said:
GarkoCollector said:

No, I'm very much into MMA and it just looked like Penn realized he wasnt going to get Edgar and just gave up. I dont watch WWF or WWE or whatever it is, so Im really not even sure what your comment is supposed to mean. It just wasnt a very exciting fight.

At the very end (final 30 seconds or so) BJ did look like he just gave up & you could even hear the crowd begin to boo...but there was 4 & a half rounds before that ever happenned & ALOT of exciting stuff occurred. It really sounds as if you were just really hoping Penn would pull it off & got let down by his performance (or lack thereof) but that doesn't mean it was "boring", it just meant Edgar had his number yet again! As I said, if that fight was boring then we didn't watch the same fight...Of course I watch MMA for the love of the competition & sport, not so much to root for one fighter or the other (though I do have some favorite's) so maybe that's why our opinion's differ on this fight (since you were watching it & rooting for Penn while I was just watching it to enjoy the fight)? :D

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
I am glad my wife convinced me to order the card.

As a Penn fan, sure its frustrating to watch but that was a great fight IMO.

Props to Edgar and please BJ, fire your entire camp and team and go seek help from AKA!

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
HoustonTeams4Me said:
GarkoCollector said:

I disagree. You can't take down what you can't catch. Edgar is way to quick for Maynard.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
All around a great great card!
Diaz showed why he's a bad ass. Great win against a dangerous opponent.
Maynard with the biggest win of his career yet.
Randy MY MAN Couture shutting up the fat guy and representing MMA the way it should!! :D :D
Joe LOU with a freakin' ass kickin' win. WOW. Welcome back Joe.

Only disappointment was BJ of course. Fighters have there nemesis' and looks like Edgars is BJ's. He put on a clinic.
I think the Edgars vs. Maynard fight is going to be a freakin' battle for sure!!

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
I followed the blog and was impressed with the results.As for Maynard/Edgar fight,it should be a doozy.Edgar isn't the same fighter that Maynard beat for his only loss.Couture win shouldn't surprise anyone,Diaz is a bad dude,Maynard & Edgar just crushed thier fighters.

I really look forward to the Maynard/Edgar fight,i will be rooting for Maynard!

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
I'm surprised BJ lost again. I have a feeling that this was his Chuck Liddell moment and he'll be on a downhill run from here on out. Edgar is pretty good, but he's not World Champion good.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
GarkoCollector said:

I disagree. You can't take down what you can't catch. Edgar is way to quick for Maynard.

Nah, in an octagon you can catch people (period), the real problem is you can't "HIT" what you can't catch & that's not what Maynards going to be trying to do anyhow from the standup (now once he's laying on top of Edgar I'm sure the pounding & punishment will commence). There's a HUGE difference between BJ's takedown shoot's & Maynard's.

BTW, I totally agree with the poster here whom said BJ should fire his camp & I'd add his corner for that matter as they were ridiculously awful, not giving Penn ANY type of strategy (they were basically firing off "F-Bomb's" like they were trying to motivate BJ)....Like J.Rogan said- he really didn't need a "Pep-talk"! Penn's corner should've been offerring up strategy & discussing signs of weakness/holes in BJ's game, as well as Frankie's game, which would've equated to telling Penn to start firing off more leg kicks to try to slow Edgar down & to start trying for takedown's which could've openned up a whole new element to the fight.
BJ it sucks to have to do so but ya gotta kick your corner & camp to the curb bro!

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
kdailey4315 said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
GarkoCollector said:

Maynard has already beat Edgar once,so i would say his can take Edgar down!

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
HoustonTeams4Me said:
kdailey4315 said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
GarkoCollector said:

Nah, in an octagon you can catch people if looking for a "shoot" (period), the real problem is you can't "HIT" what you can't catch & that's not what Maynards going to be trying to do anyhow from the standup (now once he's laying on top of Edgar I'm sure the pounding & punishment will commence). There's a HUGE difference between BJ's takedown shoot's & Maynard's.

BTW, I totally agree with the poster here whom said BJ should fire his camp & I'd add his corner for that matter as they were ridiculously awful, not giving Penn ANY type of strategy (they were basically firing off "F-Bomb's" like they were trying to motivate BJ)....Like J.Rogan said- he really didn't need a "Pep-talk"! Penn's corner should've been offerring up strategy & discussing signs of weakness/holes in BJ's game, as well as Frankie's game, which would've equated to telling Penn to start firing off more leg kicks to try to slow Edgar down & to start trying for takedown's which could've openned up a whole new element to the fight.
BJ it sucks to have to do so but ya gotta kick your corner & camp to the curb bro!

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Jastermereel said:
I'm surprised BJ lost again. I have a feeling that this was his Chuck Liddell moment and he'll be on a downhill run from here on out. Edgar is pretty good, but he's not World Champion good.

What does the guy have to do? He just kicked the shat out of the greatest lightweight on the planet and probably the greatest lightweight ever. He is World Champion good. He has the belt to prove it.

JimmyD

Jun 30, 2010
Surrey, BC, Canada Eh!
I got a little hottie named Britney coming over tonight for a 3 round event. Im gonna give her a little ground and pound and hopefully i don't gas after the first round!

Members online

Latest posts