Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who gets into the HOF in 2016

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I second that!

What ever happened to the hall of fame and not the hall of "I was good but played for 20 years and accumulated a lot of stats". Or " the hall of very good"

Hahahaha! How long did Griffey play?

J/K

I'd love to see McGriff, Piazza, Griffey, and Bags(as long as his cards don't get any crazier than they already are).

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
The automatic lock by consensus is Griffey, but it's a crime that it has taken Piazza this long. Hoffman should be an automatic lock as well. It's beyond comprehension how the role of the closer is somehow devalued. Every team has one now and only the best can work under pressure. Hoffman has 601 saves to his credit and he played for some really terrible Padres teams. Rivera also has over 600 saves, but no one will question Mariano because of the Yankees affiliation and the fact he was the greatest postseason pitcher in history with five titles to his credit. Hoffman was simply consistent under pressure you cannot put a stat on the gamer mentality. Hoffman was special.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Griffey - no comment needed
Piazza - best hitting catcher ever (should have been first ballot)
Bagwell - think people don't realize just how good he was
Raines - (simple) advanced metrics really bring to light his value.

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston
Griffey Obvious shoe in
Bagwell Better overall player than HOF Frank Thomas with similar offensive numbers who was terrific fielder and baserunner
Piazza Great hitting catcher
Billy Wagner. more strikeouts than M Rivera in 300 fewer innings with similar ERA and WHIP

sbib

Aug 17, 2008
Griffey Jr, Piazza, and Bagwell, with Hoffman on track for next year (10% short on votes)

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Last edited:

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I think it's a joke that people who purport to be baseball fans don't realize that Raines was one of the most valuable players in the game for a large portion of his career.

He also had a MUCH higher stolen base % than Rickey did.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14390306/the-hall-fame-case-tim-raines

Seriously? You are going to attack me as a baseball fan? Boy, I sure love FCB... I guess you and I have a l lot less in common than I thought.

Nonetheless, he played for 23 years, was an all-star for what, 8? That's a Large portion? He was good, no doubt. Not HOF.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Seriously? You are going to attack me as a baseball fan? Boy, I sure love FCB... I guess you and I have a l lot less in common than I thought.

Nonetheless, he played for 23 years, was an all-star for what, 8? That's a Large portion? He was good, no doubt. Not HOF.
Right, because all-star appearances determine how good of a player you were.

He played in ****ing Canada, in the non-internet, non-MLB package 1980s.

He is one of the best base-stealers, best left fielders, and probably the 2nd best leadoff man of all time after Rickey.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Here's a couple of fun tweets I saw as well...

Raines vs Brock
BA: Rock
OBP: Rock
SLG: Rock
OPS: Rock
TOB: Rock
HR: Rock
SB%: Rock
OPS+: Rock
wOBA: Rock
wRC+: Rock
WAR: Rock
HOF: Brock

Lou Brock would have to return to baseball and steal 762 consecutive bases without being caught to pass Tim Raines in SB efficiency.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Here's a couple of fun tweets I saw as well...

Raines vs Brock
BA: Rock
OBP: Rock
SLG: Rock
OPS: Rock
TOB: Rock
HR: Rock
SB%: Rock
OPS+: Rock
wOBA: Rock
wRC+: Rock
WAR: Rock
HOF: Brock

Lou Brock would have to return to baseball and steal 762 consecutive bases without being caught to pass Tim Raines in SB efficiency.
Since stats are so interesting to you, I'm curious if you think Andre Dawson should be a HOFer? Raines was good for a most of the 80's, less than 10 years. He played mediocrely for 15 more years (amassing stats). That to me is not HOF.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Right, because all-star appearances determine how good of a player you were.

He played in ****ing Canada, in the non-internet, non-MLB package 1980s.

He is one of the best base-stealers, best left fielders, and probably the 2nd best leadoff man of all time after Rickey.
Wait, his years in Canada were his only AS years, so that defense has no bearing. I know AS is not the most important thing, but if you aren't even (feared, respected, liked, loved, favorited) enough to be an AS, how can you expect to be a HOFer?

Members online

Latest posts